09 December, 2019, 09:57:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: 4wd action shoot 18/10/08  (Read 3770 times)

stets

4wd action shoot 18/10/08
« on: 19 October, 2008, 01:01:27 PM »
picture this.

KFC Mundaring carpark on a perfect spring evening, a selection of modified Nissan Patrols bearing the Western Patrol Club’s tell tale signs towering over a lonely Hyundai Lantra, and around 45 mad keen four wheel drivers socially gathering in whatever space was left. this was the scene that was set for our 4wd action club shoot.

then the gero boys turned up and the usual banter of , “better get the earmuffs out, stets is here”, “why’d ya bring him along glen?”, and of course my favourite “if only we left 15 mins earlier”. and since it was my fault we were the last ones to show, guess who got stuck writing the trip report?!

the usual handshakes, welcomes, introductions etc soon turned into the man that lets me make up for his lack of speech (our beloved leader, krittas) had a few words (literally) to say before we mounted up and roared up the hills towards Flynn Rd. a quick convoy photo and off the first group photo.

fortunately for me I was not leading this trip because it gave the opportunity for someone else to get bogged first (krittas) it also gave someone other than ET and the Grey Ghost the opportunity  to run for the snatch’em strap (PMC), a quick recovery a few poser shots for graham and we were on our way to the first of several challenges.

since the majority of this trip will be printed in a national magazine, I will leave out several of the details and let you lot be surprised by what graham writes.

but some of the more interesting/memorable moments included

gec getting friendly with a wall in a rut, crunching his drivers side rear flare

gqswb’s touchy flex shot on a rock

the constant reminder that a set of xlr8’s sliders are needed by many more members

this one particular challenge that could be taken very easily if the right line was taken, however, picking the right line would have just been plain boring, I think just about everyone bar tosh had to be spotted through, several of which, had to be physically assisted.

gq4x4’s attempt at the rocks

someone got bogged and had to be winched out, I couldn’t be in 2 places at the same time so I missed out on this one (contrary to my personal belief, I am not super human)[Wildrover and winched out by Joker - Tosh]

then there was the last challenge of the night, in which gec tried jumping over the moon and my voice being heard in back home in Las Vegas.

the night was a typical trip away, the continuous cruiser jokes, stets jokes, and standard banter that goes along with any trip.

time to air up and head for home, and renew my subscription to 4wdaction mag.
« Last Edit: 19 October, 2008, 07:03:07 PM by pmc »

pmcwa

Re: 4wd action shoot 18/10/08
« Reply #1 on: 19 October, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »
a few of JMC's pics

EDIT - all bogging pics removed

« Last Edit: 21 October, 2008, 12:34:01 PM by pmc »

Wayne57

« Reply #2 on: 19 October, 2008, 08:43:22 PM »
Fantastic photos JMC, you might get a job taking photos for a 4x4 magazine.

stets

« Reply #3 on: 21 October, 2008, 06:09:31 AM »
only 1 behind us

one of these days frank the "mother ship" (possibly the rigs new name? perhaps) will have to return all those cows she keeps sucking up

self cleaning wheel guards

ash drives just like SID the bear (convoy pic of the ute match ash and the bear on his back window)

Offline Bloggsy

• Financial Member 2019 - 2020
  • Quiet GU owner. You've been warned!!
  • WPC Member Since: 05/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 032
« Reply #4 on: 01 November, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »
A bit late but I've been away - some more pics.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines