20 April, 2021, 07:08:21 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Murray River to Yaloop - 20th July 2008  (Read 7425 times)

MrsMav

Murray River to Yaloop - 20th July 2008
« on: 20 July, 2008, 08:03:25 PM »
It was the morning of the Murray River to Yaloop Trip and all was quiet in the Mav's house, except for this annoying music that appeared to come and go in the background.  And what was the music but the alarm clocking that had been telling us to get up for about 30 minutes.  Up we jump load the car, get ready and take off, with MrsMav behind the wheel due to Mavrod feeling a bit seedy from the night before at The Pigs & The Tanks place.

Anyway we arrived at Macca's where we were hooking up with Gipsy4x4, Rustynails, Gec/gero & Lordmuck and despite sleeping in we were not the last to arrive.  Last to arrive was Lordmuck and his passengers, coffees were bought, breakfast was ordered for some and off we departed to meet our fellow patrollers at the Pinjarra Bakery.

About an hour later we made the last turn straight into the Pinjarra bakery and OH MY GOODNESS what a sight there parked up waiting for us to arrive was another 11 fine lookin Patrols, our small convoy of five made 16 patrols.

Beachbums gave us a quick run down of what was next, off to meet another three vehicles to join the convoy...  Beachy took the lead, PMC was the middle man and Mavrod was up the rear...

We arrived at the next pic up point, being dwellingup, drivers meeting was held and those girls/ladies that wanted to drive took the wheel of their mighty patrols and off we went...

We took to the gravel roads and the adventure of the Murray River to Yaloop trip had began.  It wasn't long before we came across flooded gravel tracks and the first hill climb for the day....  Quite a few of the patrols attempted the first hill, MrsMav & Mrs Evil also did the first uphill climb..  As for the second climb well that was a completely different story, Ando attempted it first, and back down he reversed, then it was Nilson's turn, Nilson got up a bit further than Ando but succummed to the mighty hill and he also reversed down, then it was Mavrod's go but alas Mavrod also succumed to the hill and also reversed down.  Last to try the hill was the Jeep Wrangler driven by Brisey (sorry if name spelt wrong).  And guess what??  Yep a no goer another reverse down the hill job.  Score 3 patrols, 1 jeep none - Hill was the winner...

We all jumped back in our vehicles and headed off, going up hills, over flooded sections of gravel, down hills past some absolutely stunning scenery and visiting the many camping grounds that the area has to offer...

I can see the WPC arranging a few overnighters down that way for sure (hint hint, trip committee)...

The convoy stopped, beachy jumped out to take some shots of the patrols crossing a large amount of water on the track, just a small problem arose the patrols had not pulled up far enough to allow everyone to cross, so Mavrod not wanting to let the team down decided to take Beachy's patrol for a short spin to Driver Road, from the rumours getting around I think beachy hitched a ride on ET's lap.. hehe.

At Driver Road we all stopped for lunch and a cuppa.  With ET makin his cuppa on his newly named Zimmer frame..  Beachy aptly named ET's over tyre table the zimmer frame. ;D ;D

We were all suppose to go along Driver Road to the other side, however the river was angry that day and very full, the water was flowing strongly and it was about 700mm high according to the height guage...  Far too dangerous to cross, so back the way we came to get to the other side.

We all stopped at the Baden Powell rest stop, where we watched in amuzement two guys go down a waterfall type situation in their canoes. 

ET left the group at this point, around 2.30pm... 

We all arrived over the other side for some more challenging situations, some muddy hill climbs.  The first couple of climbs were fine, Rustynails got hooked on a bit of a rock but made it thru,  Lordmuck unfortunately got a bit stuck on the next hill, there being this very slippery hill climb with a mud hole, which was situated right in the middle of a hill climb..  Thank god for the newly modded GU of PMC'S, the snatch strap was hooked up (we remembered everything you taught us Ash, ya would have been proud), and with a bit of a tow Lordy was out...  New tyres now required for the Lord mobile... ;D  Sounds like Rod wanting 33's... hehe...

The time had come for many of us to leave, it was about 4pm and approximately 8 of us had to depart..  Leaving the rest of the guys & girls to do the really hairy climbs that were left.

Beachy drove us to an area where we could all air up, beachy left to re-join the others..  THANKS BEACHY for goin that extra mile ;D ;D ;D

We all aired up, including the Disco & Pajero and headed back to Perth.

IT WAS AN ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT DAY, THANKS GOES TO BEACHY FOR LEADING, BRISEY FOR BEING TAIL well done to you both ;D ;D

Part two will be reported by Ando, one of the members that stayed behind...

« Last Edit: 21 July, 2008, 11:41:26 PM by pmc »

Beachbums

Re: Murray River to Yarloop
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2008, 07:09:54 PM »
Cmon folks - PICS!!!!  I hate missing trips at the best of times - and this one sounded great.  SO please dont leave me in suspense

Here's couple  :D

And a couple more over here of the watery bit  ;D

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/delphisii/Dwelly%20to%20Yarloop/?start=0

Cheers, Wayne

gipsy4wd

« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2008, 07:20:34 PM »
heres my crappy effort before the camera died

early morning fog

an imtimidating site

on the road again

Offline RustyNails

• Life Member
  • WPC Member Since: 05/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 027
« Reply #3 on: 21 July, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »
Carnage Hill

Motley Crew

Patrols invade Dwellingup

Offline The Evil Twin

• Life Member
  • SuperHero Member
  • If I get it out can I keep it?
  • WPC Member Since: 29/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 007
« Reply #4 on: 21 July, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »

E.T.s Vid of the first half of the trip before we had to shoot thru...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CrOqrGqZO6s
« Last Edit: 22 July, 2008, 07:50:28 AM by the evil twin »

If it's Tourist Season why is it illegal to shoot 'em?.

"3 Tits... Awesome"

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I'm not having a second childhood, I'm stuck in my first one.

Wayne57

« Reply #5 on: 21 July, 2008, 08:22:51 PM »
Some more photos of the day

Wayne57

« Reply #6 on: 21 July, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
Hit the post button accidentally before

Young learner

Ando

Re: Murray River to Yaloop - 20th July 2008
« Reply #7 on: 28 July, 2008, 07:38:36 PM »
Had some time this arvo so I got some photos to post up the first are of carnage hill with Nilson smoking up the tyres and looking out of the old GQ

Then this is one of Nilson following Lord Muck around the back of Yarloop

And finally this is some track (dont know the name) just before most of the crew had to leave and head back to Perth

Was a great day hope ya enjoy the photos
Ando 

Kev13

Re: Murray River to Yaloop - 20th July 2008
« Reply #8 on: 01 August, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »
Heres some more photos I took on the day, Best not to ask how the in car shots were taken.
Heading into Dwellingup

The wet bit - Renton I think?

Driver crossing - rather angry - about 600m and relatively fast

Beach bums coming down the track just before a few of us left.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines