20 April, 2021, 06:04:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: dwelly trip  (Read 13946 times)

Stropp

dwelly trip
« on: 10 June, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »
Well I was first to arrive at dwelly pup at 0915 and very shortly after Richard arrived then the others arrived in dribs and drabs, doggie was last to arrive! why I hear you ask is Stropp doing the trip report if he was first to arrive and Doggie was last, its because I said if he was last I would do the trip report for him to encourage him to attend, I think he deliberately turned up late so I would have to do it.
   Anyway we headed off just after 10am and when we ran out of bitumen we pulled up to air down and head for some fun, we headed down the second part of the captain fawcett track with the obligatory side run down to the mud hole, we all had no problems except i think as Mike was towing the camper he had a bit of trouble negotiating the tight spots, after a short play in the mud we headed for the camp spot taking care not to go to gnarley due to mike having the camper.
    We arived at the campsite where we usually stay and set about getting things in order, doggie got to with the chainsaw and knocked up a load of firewood and doc set the fire going with his burner, we then decided to do a little exploring, Rob led us to the old railway bridge where Richard decided to inspect the river to possibley cross and Jeremy came down as backup incase he needed recovery, Richard decided against crossing and drove out, Jeremy  went to follow but decided the mud puddle looked a little inviting and was sucked in literally, his excuse was iso 9000 recovery techniques needed to be run through so after a lot of mucking around richard with his winch and the help of the crew managed to extricate him form the boghole, after that we headed back towards the camp where i dropped off and the rest went to the quarry for a play, they were not gone long and returned to take up positions around the fire place, by that time Thomas and his family arrived and ropes and his family turned up a little later.
     We all  cooked our meals and sat around the fire which was roaring with the size of the logs we had, later that night it started raining so things were a little wet next morning, Thomas, Allan, Doc, Doggie and myself decied to pull out early as it looked like more rain, This is now over to Ropes to continue as my bit is done.  Stropp
« Last Edit: 10 June, 2013, 07:08:08 PM by Stropp »

Stropp

Re: dwelly trip
« Reply #1 on: 10 June, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »
pics of trip

Stropp

« Reply #2 on: 10 June, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »
more pics

BigBaz

dwelly trip
« Reply #3 on: 10 June, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »

Rob led us to the old railway bridge wher Richard decided to inspect the river to possibley cross and Greame came down as backup imcase he needed recovery, Richard decided against crossing and drove out,

Sounds like a great trip so far, always like Long Gully Bridge it's a great spot. River looks a lot lower than when we were out there a couple of years back a little further downstream and one unfortunate had some bad luck with the crossing. Fortunately for the rest of us he was the first to attempt it so we were all able to chicken out and maintain our dignity.

Offline Howezit

• Financial Member 2020 - 2021
  • WPC Member Since: 20/11/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 119
« Reply #4 on: 10 June, 2013, 01:33:18 PM »
... to the old railway bridge wher Richard decided to inspect the river to possibley cross and Greame came down as backup..
In fact the Graeme referred to here was Jeremy (expatkiwi) in his beast ;)
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

BigBaz

dwelly trip
« Reply #5 on: 10 June, 2013, 01:51:18 PM »

... to the old railway bridge wher Richard decided to inspect the river to possibley cross and Greame came down as backup..

Ahh that particular 'Graeme' will remember that day very well. Bravest and coldest man in the club.

Offline Howezit

« Reply #6 on: 10 June, 2013, 02:54:23 PM »
The start..

Some terrain..

Some people..

Winching part 1..

Some digging...

Tell me what to do now..

'Cos I have some mud around my tyres...

Winching part 2...

Winching part 3...

The camp site..

Some simple camping..

Some complex camping...

Some even more complex camping...

Some tracks...

Some water...

And some washing up when we get home...

DX grunt

« Reply #7 on: 10 June, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »
Thanks for the pics.  I have a tear in my eye thinking about all that cleaning when I got home.  lol

figjam

« Reply #8 on: 10 June, 2013, 05:30:40 PM »
I did a double take on this as I thought the trailer was complete with a microwave   :P
Looks like I missed a great trip  :(

Offline XLR8

• Provisional Member
  • WPC Member Since: 21/07/2020
    Years
« Reply #9 on: 10 June, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
Thanks for the pics.  I have a tear in my eye thinking about all that cleaning when I got home.  lol

The beauty of the mud down there is it comes off easily. Took about 3 hours today to do the car and camper inside and out. Thanks Rob for a great weekend and to Ropes for the interesting tracks on exit
« Last Edit: 10 June, 2013, 06:52:38 PM by XLR8 »

Stropp

« Reply #10 on: 10 June, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »

Fixed :)

BigBaz

dwelly trip
« Reply #11 on: 10 June, 2013, 07:27:42 PM »

The beauty of the mud down there is it comes off easily. Took about 3 hours today to do the car and camper inside and out. Thanks Rob for a great weekend and to Ropes for the interesting tracks on exit

I always like winter trips if you get lucky it howls down on the way home and if you hit the  right puddles half the work is done for you or at least it doesn't dry out before you get home.

Offline Howezit

« Reply #12 on: 10 June, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »
I always like winter trips if you get lucky it howls down on the way home and if you hit the  right puddles half the work is done for you or at least it doesn't dry out before you get home.
Which is egsaccary what happened to us :)

SPN WRC

« Reply #13 on: 11 June, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Big thanks to Rob for leading the trip. Big thanks to the recovery team and multiple winch b@#%h's. An even bigger thanks to Mike for letting go of the winch cable right at the last second as I wasn't watching it slam into the fair lead. (I watched the footage and go to see the look on your face, sorry.)
Thanks too all the people that waved at the GoPro whilst it was running. And a little note to Rob, be careful when/where you scratch yourself. You never know who is watching or recording for that matter.
Great trip. It's got me motivated to run a trip, not only to Moore river, but maybe around Harvey/Brunswick area.

Thanks again.

Offline Howezit

« Reply #14 on: 11 June, 2013, 03:06:01 PM »
And a little note to Rob, be careful when/where you scratch yourself. You never know who is watching or recording for that matter.
Not only Rob...

(Moderators can delete if required..)

Stropp

« Reply #15 on: 11 June, 2013, 06:54:01 PM »
Ha ha gold, literally  :o

clunk71

« Reply #16 on: 11 June, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »
The cold wet weather must have got to him lol

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Wayne57

« Reply #17 on: 01 July, 2013, 07:24:59 PM »