14 December, 2019, 10:00:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Gnomesville for Marj  (Read 5410 times)

Beachbums

Gnomesville for Marj
« on: 13 August, 2013, 08:31:37 AM »
Sunday morning despite the weather forecast of rain and misery dawned with the sun poking through early and hanging around for us for most of the day.
Great weather for a drive along some country roads to visit Gnomesville and pay tribute to a dear member who will be missed by all of us.
The usual gathering point at the Pinjarra Bakery saw 20 Patrols in the carpark with most carrying a Gnome along to join  the WPC's colony in the Ferguson Valley.
With the customary zigging and zagging we managed to totally ( and continually) change the well thought out order that the Trip Leaders Graeme and Rob had us set out in  :) Worked pretty well really, I think everyone got a go at either TEC or TL at some stage.
Our first obstacle was a bush marathon being held right at the start of the track. The organisers were pretty good and waved us through the carparking area and onto the track where we aired down in preparation for short offroad run we were expecting.

Fast forward to 5 hours later and we finally emerge from that short track onto the bitumen and a toilet stop!
In between we had found a couple of great spots to test the flexibility of our Patrols and ability of their pilots.

Along the way we met up with a couple of guys in nice new Jeep and a Suzuki that had came in from the other end. They had just tackled a large mudhole and offered some advice on a line to take and what lift/tyres might make it through. Enter our resident Mudpig, XLR8. While the rest of us took the long way around Mike needed to give it a pretty spectacular shot eventually having to come around the long way to rejoin the troupe.
With time ticking on we headed out to the bitumen and did the usual group photo and dunny stop

Then it was on to Gnomesville for a late lunch.

After gathering at Gnomesville and tracking down our colony Rob placed the Memorial Plaque in memory of Marj Jarick, one of our clubs founding (and favourite) members. Her family's loss will always be remembered and as we placed our Gnomes we all spent a little time remembering her. While we boiled the billy for a cuppa I thought back to the many trips where Marj had called me ( along with anyone else that looked thirsty ) over to join her and ET in a brew up at the lunch stop.

We miss you Marj.

Offline Howezit

• Financial Member 2019 - 2020
  • WPC Member Since: 20/11/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 119
Re: Gnomesville for Marj
« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2013, 08:36:42 AM »
Yep, a great trip..
A link to some of the previous comments re: the trip
http://westernpatrolclub.com/forum/we-all-wanna-know/gnomesville-for-marj
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Beachbums

« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2013, 08:42:50 AM »
Yep, a great trip..
A link to some of the previous comments re: the trip
http://westernpatrolclub.com/forum/we-all-wanna-know/gnomesville-for-marj

That's a Members Only area. I'll grab a few of the pics and move them here.

Cheers, Wayne

Beachbums

turbojoe

« Reply #4 on: 13 August, 2013, 09:10:10 AM »
great trip wpc. the family had a ball.

BigBaz

« Reply #5 on: 13 August, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
A great day out with some great team work, lots of patience by all as we negotiated the obstacles and some upholstery clenching moments for everyone on those hills. Our colony is growing and safe from the creek and the plaque is fantastic.

Thanks to Rob and Howezit for putting it together and to all those who spotted us through the nasties. I got all nerdy and saved my tracks and edited them while my memory is still intact so I'll upload some GPS files for anyone who is keen over in the correct place.

Gnomesville map by bigbaz2010, on Flickr

Offline BigCol

• Trips coordinator
  • Committee Member
  • WPC Member Since: 29/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 054
« Reply #6 on: 13 August, 2013, 05:48:05 PM »
on Thursday 8/08 Lorraine, Katherine and myself stopped in at "Northern Gnomes-ville" 50Kms north of Overlander Roadhouse.
it is on a rather large hill over looking Shark Bay (in the Distant Horizon)
we left a Plaque for Marj there.
as we were not going to be able to go to the Club Trip

DID YOU KNOW......Great Northern Highway links Western Australia's capital city Perth with its northernmost port, Wyndham. With a length of almost 3,200 kilometres (2,000 mi), it is the longest highway in Australia

Beachbums

« Reply #7 on: 13 August, 2013, 10:28:53 PM »
We love your tribute to Marj Col.

Wayne and Jan
« Last Edit: 14 August, 2013, 06:51:03 AM by Beachbums »

gqphill

« Reply #8 on: 14 August, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »
Thanks to Graeme and Rob for organizing a great trip,we had a good time ,only complaint from wife was lack of toilet stops ha.  I think she was surprised where the mighty GQ will go. Thanks to Rob and others who helped me change front wheel after I managed to pop the bead, lesson learnt get in ruts first ,because your going to end up in them anyway.

Cheers Phill & Shell

Offline The Evil Twin

• Life Member
  • SuperHero Member
  • If I get it out can I keep it?
  • WPC Member Since: 29/05/2008
  • WPC Member #: 007
« Reply #9 on: 16 August, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
From all the Jaricks, thank you one and all.

Unfortunately family emotions are still a little fragile especially the grandkids and prevented us from tagging along on the day but we were there in spirit

Rest assured we will make a quiet little trip down there soon however and I know the spot up north Col and will call in there next trip and, yes, Mrs Evil has had a cuppa there on more than one occasion.

Anyway, you mob are just simply awesome but I have to go now, the keyboard and screen have gone all blurry for some reason...

If it's Tourist Season why is it illegal to shoot 'em?.

"3 Tits... Awesome"

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I'm not having a second childhood, I'm stuck in my first one.

Offline BigCol

• Trips coordinator
  • Committee Member
  • WPC Member Since: 29/11/2008
  • WPC Member #: 054
« Reply #10 on: 24 August, 2013, 04:24:59 AM »
you are, as ever, more than welcome ET

hang in there
DID YOU KNOW......Great Northern Highway links Western Australia's capital city Perth with its northernmost port, Wyndham. With a length of almost 3,200 kilometres (2,000 mi), it is the longest highway in Australia

BigBaz

« Reply #11 on: 03 November, 2013, 11:23:13 PM »
Just a quick message, did a family run to gnomesville today, whilst I was there I checked up on the club and Marj's little mates. I'm very pleased to report that they are all looking great and quite happy in their little spot in gnomaridise.

Cheers Baz.

PS, all bitumen and no engaging of the hubs today so no one needs to feel like I snuck off for fun on my own without any of you lot :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines