20 April, 2021, 06:34:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Murchinson House Station Trip report  (Read 27113 times)

Offline RobsGU

• Committee Member
  • WPC Member Since: 06/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 050
Murchinson House Station Trip report
« on: 01 April, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »
So who ended up with it  >:D
7" member 10

WALTER EGO

Re: Murchinson House Station Trip report
« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »
I saw the heading and your name and settled back with a cuppa ready for a long entertaining report ...... :-\

Offline 40HRSSUX

• Financial Member 2020 - 2021
  • WPC Member Since: 18/09/2019
    YearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 02 April, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »
It's sooooooo good there we might keep it a secret 😜

DX grunt

« Reply #3 on: 03 April, 2013, 07:06:39 AM »
It's sooooooo good there we might keep it a secret 😜
That's a pretty poor excuse for being lazy.  lol.

Put all names in a hat and draw a 'winner'.  lol

Looking forward to reading 'somebody's' version.

Ross

Offline Howezit

• WPC Member Since: 20/11/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 119
« Reply #4 on: 03 April, 2013, 09:43:53 AM »
My version would make for interesting reading ;)
Maybe I could get Debbie to contribute!
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

SPN WRC

« Reply #5 on: 03 April, 2013, 10:53:31 AM »
It can't be that good. You finally get your privacy and your on here.

Offline The Evil Twin

• Life Member
  • SuperHero Member
  • If I get it out can I keep it?
  • WPC Member Since: 29/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 007
« Reply #6 on: 03 April, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
It can't be that good. You finally get your privacy and your on here.

ROFL... things can't be that slow at the Resort surely...  ;D

If it's Tourist Season why is it illegal to shoot 'em?.

"3 Tits... Awesome"

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I'm not having a second childhood, I'm stuck in my first one.

Offline Ropes

• Trips Orificer
  • Committee Member
  • Mmm that feels better :P
  • WPC Member Since: 23/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 107
« Reply #7 on: 03 April, 2013, 06:14:47 PM »
Just a little bit of friendly advice to those that went, I'd recommend unpacking and opening up all your gear sooner rather than later, to evict any crawly insects that may have taken up residence and have a can of surface spray handy when you do. :o
02 GU III 6.5 V8 Turbo Optimizer + 88 GQ SWB TD42
All the good stuff and more.
A work in progress...

Offline Budds

• Treasurer
  • Committee Member
  • WPC Member Since: 13/10/2009
  • WPC Member #: 100
« Reply #8 on: 03 April, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »
I will post up my version of events as soon as I have time.

But I would like to thank all who came along and made it a great weekend, also I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
Lest We Forget

R U OK

Offline The Evil Twin

• Life Member
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #9 on: 03 April, 2013, 10:32:32 PM »
Just a little bit of friendly advice to those that went, I'd recommend unpacking and opening up all your gear sooner rather than later, to evict any crawly insects that may have taken up residence and have a can of surface spray handy when you do. :o

No worries mate... good advice...
Mrs Evil and I checked our gear for stow away kids before we left.
We've never tried surface spray on 'em before tho... must give it a go.
Do they put up much of a fight?

>:D >:D >:D

"3 Tits... Awesome"

Offline The Evil Twin

• Life Member
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #10 on: 03 April, 2013, 10:36:10 PM »
But I would like to thank all who came along and made it a great weekend, also I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

A big thanks right back at ya mate and yes we had a great time.

As prev posted elsewhere a personal thanks to Richard for tail ending the Curious trip we did on the Friday (we are dying to see the goat video mate)

"3 Tits... Awesome"

Offline 40HRSSUX

• WPC Member Since: 18/09/2019
    YearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 04 April, 2013, 08:59:26 AM »
Yes a big thanks to Budds again for another relaxing trip.

We really enjoyed it

Cheers again

WALTER EGO

« Reply #12 on: 04 April, 2013, 01:41:01 PM »
Like ET, we shook the little stowaways out of the way, which actually was more difficult than you would think.  We had camped on an ants nest and it would appear they were moving eggs somewhere (no, not easter eggs!) or other.  As we de-camped, they went nuts and scrambled into everything - just so long as no one brought back one of those HUGE bull ants - jeeshck!

A big thanks from to the host, deputy host and Mrs host for including the odd friend or two for the weekend.  on arrival, we didn't even take the directions to a campsite two fields away, to heart ;D - we knew you'd miss us ;D  Its a brilliant place to hold a club gathering and for once in my life, I sat back as UKKiwi enjoyed his drive about and didn't whinge once that we might get stuck and die a horrible, lingering, starving death, 'cos I knew we had some very good buddies we could call for help on the air waves ........ errrr, we did, didn't we :-\

Wayne57

« Reply #13 on: 07 April, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »
If I had not seen some photos on FaceAche from Howezit, I would have thought that you lot went nowhere.....we want to see the Trip Report and photos here please.. ;D

Offline Budds

• Treasurer
  • Committee Member
  • WPC Member Since: 13/10/2009
  • WPC Member #: 100
« Reply #14 on: 07 April, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »
Doggy,

I will post something up when I get time as I am away at the moment working. If anyone wants to post up some pics that would be great.

Lest We Forget

R U OK

Wayne57

« Reply #15 on: 07 April, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »
Doggy,

I will post something up when I get time as I am away at the moment working. If anyone wants to post up some pics that would be great.
No worries Budds, just a bit bored so I thought that I would just whack up a post...lol

SPN WRC

« Reply #16 on: 07 April, 2013, 07:04:30 PM »
Yes, a big thank you to Mr and Mrs Budds. Thanks to all that fed me, even though you didn't need to, and the great hospitality around the camp site. I'll be back for sure.
I've just walked in the door from another weekend away, so once I get rid of the dust I'll get around to posting pics and video of herding and pruning.
Thanks again.

Offline Howezit

« Reply #17 on: 07 April, 2013, 07:20:03 PM »
So, seeing as I was last to arrive, I guess I should at least contribute to the trip report ;)
My version of this report is a little flavored in the area of domestic discussions... I had my wife with me.. say no more ;)

All (well all that I know of anyway) the others got to MHS during the day on Thursday.
I, in an effort to continue contributing to the economy, worked on Thursday. Although it seemed to be designated a WPC public holiday, it was not so per the Western Australian government. So I (like most economically active people in the Christian world) worked on Thursday (did I say that already?) and drove up on Friday.

This was to be the start of my undoing.

I arrived at the designated camping area and found everyone nicely sprawled out.. camper trailers and tents everywhere!.. Drinking beer...
I noticed that Chris (UKKiwi) had setup on the opposite side of the road to everyone else. I'm still confused as to why..?

Anyway, before picking a spot to setup my camper trailer, I did the rounds and introduced my wife (Debbie) to all those that would listen. So far, she was happy that there were other families in attendance and it wasn't just a boy's weekend. However, she was quick to pick up on the obvious... that there was not much in the way of lawn (or at least grass). There appeared to be an abundance of dirt (aka dust when the wind picked up).

Being the only one to arrive on Friday, and with it being late in the afternoon, everyone was in attendance, and most were enjoying a well earned beverage. My arrival now also allowed for some entertainment for those in attendance.
It wasn't long before much advice was flowing regarding where to park or not park the CT.. which way to face it.. put it under a tree or not... find a section with a hint of grass or don't worry..
Finally, after unhitching the CT, it became apparent that the final position had in fact not yet been determined. This resulted in about 6 of us manhandling the trailer through the thick sand to it's final resting ground.
Debbie was trying (in her timid way) to get a message through to me, but the much more vociferous comments of the heckling crowd overwhelmed her efforts. Later in the trip I was to be reminded of the point she was trying to make.

At this point I must single out Chris (UKKiwi). Once all the others became bored with my CT setup woes, Chris was the only one that hung around (beer in hand) and helped. Thanks mate!

As a side note.. and for the benefit of those that helped manipulate the CT to it's spot, the point that Debbie insists she made at the time but none of us were listening was that there was no way the Patrol was going to reach the tow hitch of the CT to get it out of there. This same point was highlighted on Tuesday morning when we were the last to leave, and I had to use my winch to get the trailer out from where we'd put it!
At that point only Ropes was left and he was very busy, so I'm assuming he didn't see this embarrasing exercise.

Well Friday night was interesting. I'm lucky in that, after being married 25 years, I have a few credits in my favour, but these were being used up by the wind and dust that caused havoc with our CT's annexe during the evening / night.
Anyway, Craig (Budds) came to my rescue on Saturday morning and lent me a handful of marriage-saving sand pegs. With the annexe now joined to the ground rather than flapping madly against it, life slowly became bearable in the Howe household.

Well, more to the point...

The 4WDing on the homestead was good fun.
There was a good combination of soft sand, hill climbs, descents, rocky shale, boulders, etc..
Just no mud :(

During the few days we were there most of us would have covered all the main tracks on the homestead.
A nice all day trip took a route up the river and back down the centre of the homestead.
Another good trip was the one across to the coast and up the coast till the road ran out.
And then there was the trip to Town Beach. This was interesting.. this beach was positioned on a sandy section on the north bank of the river directly opposite Kalbarri jetty. It was weird being within swimming distance of Kalbarri's Easter tourists, but yet safe from them.
On a personal note, it was really weird because on the Tuesday (when we left the station) my wife and I went to a nice spa-bath-equipped resort in Kalbarri for the rest of the week, and were in a position to look back longingly (well, me anyway...) across the river at this Town Beach.
Needless to say, Debbie insisted (she's not listening is she?) that while we were in Kalbarri we needed to take a trip up the other side of the river. So we did :)

All being considered, I'm sure I'll be back if the club goes up again.
I'm just not sure whether I'll be in a CT or a swag ;)

Offline Howezit

« Reply #18 on: 07 April, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »
A few random pics taken by my wife...

« Last Edit: 07 April, 2013, 08:04:49 PM by Howezit »

Wayne57

« Reply #19 on: 07 April, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »
Great report and the photos are brilliant 8)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines