09 April, 2020, 01:33:03 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Dowerin 11th - 13th July 2014  (Read 2958 times)

clunk71

Dowerin 11th - 13th July 2014
« on: 14 July, 2014, 08:49:51 PM »
Well I was given a last minute reprieve and was able to attend from Saturday morning,  so someone else will have to start from Friday,  won't you Stropp ?
I was hoping to leave earlier than I did but arrived at Dowerin a touch before 8:30 am,  only one be greeted by some rather cold looking club members,  Doggy in his onesy,  Bloomy in his shorts and thongs. So parked up and set up the clunkmahal  much to the amusement of our more seasoned and well prepared members. 
Watched some folk going around the little 4wd course that had been set up and winced when watching some owner of a landcrab give it a good thrashing round the track.

Sausage sizzle commenced at 11:30 and finished at 1pm (ish)

Kim took a few of us including  Pajero (who was most upset that Kim got it mixed up with a Landcrab) and Triton owner out for a wee drive around the area in the afternoon and although we only engaged 4wd for a very short stint to get through a little boggy section of the track, it was enjoyable driving along the rail line to a couple of points of interest of which I can't remember the names.....  Some big salty lake and a granite outcrop,  think it was called Dingo rock (Kim can fill in the gaps there ).  Somehow the 2 GQ's that went on the run managed to end up the muddiest. Got back later that afternoon and chucked a couple of slabs of pork on the BBQ. Then cranked on with the evenings festivities.  Both Stropp & Doggy won some prizes in the raffle (lucky bastards).

Kim,  Knoxy and Bloomy fart a lot and I vote that next time we need to take corks!!!!! I've not gagged that much since having to change my boys stinky nappy .  Few more drinks were had,  then off to my palace for some much needed slumber......  Twas a little on the chilly side though.

Up early the next morning for some egg n bacon butties from the Sidsandkids trailer.......  Thanks to all involved with the prep and cooking for both Saturday sausage sizzle and Sunday brekkie.

Packed up and left around 11:30.
Enjoyed my little trip immensely and would definitely go on it again.

On top of the granite outcrop overlooking the land around

My arty photo ......... kangaroo poop on some moss

The salty lake

The gang hard at work early Sunday morning

« Last Edit: 14 July, 2014, 09:23:45 PM by clunky »

Stropp

Re: Dowerin 11th - 13th July 2014
« Reply #1 on: 15 July, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
well done clunky, you got suckered on that one eh!

clunk71

Re: Dowerin 11th - 13th July 2014
« Reply #2 on: 15 July, 2014, 04:20:56 PM »
well done clunky, you got suckered on that one eh!
its all good mate,  now you can fill in for Friday

Offline RobsGU

• Trips - Sub Committee
  • WPC Member Since: 06/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • OFFTRAX WA
  • WPC Member #: 050
Dowerin 11th - 13th July 2014
« Reply #3 on: 15 July, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »
Was a top weekend great friends great camping spot great fundraiser

Just incase you missed it :)
« Last Edit: 16 July, 2014, 10:00:30 PM by RobsGU »