16 December, 2019, 01:45:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Budds Grimwade Explorer  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Budds

• Financial Member 2019 - 2020
  • WPC Member Since: 13/10/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 100
Budds Grimwade Explorer
« on: 28 September, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »
Well the day started flat out for us as we were originally going to pick up a horse from the vet. That didn't happen and then we had to go see a Doc for some prescription's. In between we got the campers packed and the lamb shanks in the Dream pot (MMMMM Lamb Shanks). After doing all those chores we hit the road right on 1200. With Craig (Ozmerican in tow) we hit the FWY and headed south. We rolled into Donnybrook around 1330 meeting up with LongGU, Macka and DMan and his to puppies Paddy and I think it was called Muppet but by the end of the night we thought they both were called Muppet. and grabbed some fire wood and some lunch before continuing on to Grimwade. We arrived at the campsite about 1430 and met up with Daves GQ and his wife Ruth who were the first ones there (just to get out of the trip report  >:D) and had selected an awesome campsite right next to the dam.

We all set about putting our camps together and the Ozpigs rolled out just before we started the main campfire. After everyone had dinner we all conviened around the campfire and got aquainted over some tasty beverages before calling it a night.

Saturday saw Craig and I head into Kirup to meet up with his daughter Pam then TheFlyingBadger, Little Badger and Friend Sam arrived for an overnighter. We also had Macka's wife Steph and her dad drop in for the rest of the weekend. Dman took his Muppets home and then came back. The mood for the weekend seemed to be set with everyone content to sit around camp and look at the dam. Dave and Ruth went for and explore on Saturday and Sunday whilst the rest of us lazy buggers stayed in camp.

Saturday night was a repeat of Friday all sitting around the campfire.

Sunday we all dragged ourselves out of at different times. I put a leg of lamb on in the Camp oven on the Pig and later cooked up two of my Apple Crumbles for everyone to enjoy.

Monday saw us all begrudgingly pack and start to head home.

I would like to thank everyone who came along for this trip. We have found a good camping spot that is right next to the water and best thing is it free you just need to be self sufficient.

I had a ball and I hope you all did too.

Cheers Budds
Lest We Forget

R U OK

Macka

Re: Budds Grimwade Explorer
« Reply #1 on: 28 September, 2015, 04:47:25 PM »
Was a great trip, was hard work doing nothing  :P Watched the wife make damper on a stick  ???
Only got a few happy snaps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines