15 August, 2020, 01:01:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Wildflowers Wonders of the Wheatbelt  (Read 3854 times)

Offline RustyNails

• Life Member
  • Go you White Weapon!!
  • WPC Member Since: 05/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 027
Wildflowers Wonders of the Wheatbelt
« on: 28 September, 2015, 04:59:51 PM »
Wildflower Wonders Tours was exactly that, wildflowers as well as all the hidden wonders of the Western Australia Whealtbelt. If I had not seen it for myself I would not have believed how wonderful it was. While the attractions were eye opening the trip was made by the engaging and welcoming group we travelled with.
A great mix of cars and people. Our illustrious leader Kim led the way in his Rodeo but the rest was a mixed bag with a Colorado (Greg and Margo), Suzuki Jimny (Scott and Helen), Prado, Navara (Paul and Lauren), Ford 250 (Matt and wife), two Jeeps (Mike and wife, Harrison and Torri), Subaru Forester (Rex and Diane) and two WPC Patrols (Rusty-Paul, Maree and daughter Teagan, Beagles-Peter and Linda).
While I sadly missed the Friday run I did make the effort to get going early Sat morning meeting up with the main group at Billiburning Rock. Sadly too I got the message from Howezit that he was not going to make the trip and hopefully this brief report makes him drool.
The two Jeeps joined us at Beacon after taking the long way round following Kimís track notes from day 1. Beagles met with us later on at the lunch stop, Beringbodding Rock.  Highlights for Maree and I were Beringbodding Rock, Mangowine Homestead, Elachbutting Rock and meeting a great bunch of people.
Other highlights were quickly catching up with Ross (DXGrunt) and the camp kitchen at the Mukinbudin Caravan Park. Mukka  is definitely worth a stop and hopefully I will get back that way soon and catch up with Ross again.
Overall the two and half day run we did was great, exhausting but still great. In a nutshell we saw rocks, 360 degree views, wells, wildflowers, museums, heaps of great camping spots and enjoyed fantastic fireside conversations and the odd bit of guitar solo.

Thanks Kim, your trips never disappoint and while they are always full on trips they never fail to educate and amaze.
I will post some photos later when I get time to recover and check the cameras.

LaughingBeagles

Re: Wildflowers Wonders of the Wheatbelt
« Reply #1 on: 29 September, 2015, 02:50:14 PM »
I absolutely agree with Rusty.  What a great trip and a big thanks to Kim for his dedication, organisation and all out effort to make it an enjoyable few days away.

I have drop boxed Kim over 100 shots of the tour from which he can select any (or none) for the report.  Here's a couple to give you an idea:

Offline Howezit

• Financial Member 2020 - 2021
  • WPC Member Since: 20/11/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 119
« Reply #2 on: 29 September, 2015, 03:53:56 PM »
Sadly too I got the message from Howezit that he was not going to make the trip and hopefully this brief report makes him drool.
OK.. you win.. I'm drooling / crying :'(
But then.. I've been on a few trip with Kim.. I kinda knew that would be the result  :-[
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

kimepton

« Reply #3 on: 29 September, 2015, 06:52:15 PM »
Graham,

I hope Debbie is feeling better.

Kim

kimepton

« Reply #4 on: 29 September, 2015, 06:57:18 PM »
Thanks for the great pics Pete. I will have the photo essay online in a few days and will let everyone know where to check it out.

My 'local' in the wheatbelt, Rex Adams, will help me put together another trip to the region, scheduled for next year when the scene is best seen green.
« Last Edit: 07 October, 2015, 07:46:49 PM by kimepton »

LaughingBeagles

« Reply #5 on: 29 September, 2015, 07:57:35 PM »
Very welcome Kim.  Hope there's something in the pile you can use mate.  Was a great trip mate.

kimepton

« Reply #6 on: 07 October, 2015, 07:32:39 PM »
Thanks to all who provided photographs for the Trip Report.

The Trip was varied - massive granite outcrops, stunning wildflowers, historic wells, interesting museums, great scenery, good company, superb weather, and a variety of roads, tracks and driving.

Do yourself a favour and get out on a club trip, use your vehicle for what it is designed, see your country, and enjoy what the great Western Australian outdoors has to offer.

To see what we enjoyed over the long weekend go here : http://www.adventures.net.au/vehicle

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines