14 December, 2019, 09:18:51 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Hema explorer night  (Read 2437 times)

Stropp

Hema explorer night
« on: 10 November, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »
A big thanks to Kim and the guys at macworx for the very informative evening on the hema explorer, I learnt quite a bit and look forward to the next one so I can learn more on the app. Cheers Kim for your time and effort. Stropp

Offline Dusty

• Financial Member 2019 - 2020
  • WPC Member Since: 11/02/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 133
Re: Hema explorer night
« Reply #1 on: 11 November, 2015, 12:26:41 PM »
A big thanks to Kim and the guys at macworx for the very informative evening on the hema explorer, I learnt quite a bit and look forward to the next one so I can learn more on the app. Cheers Kim for your time and effort. Stropp

What Stropp said great work guys I hope we have more of these. Great turn out from club members as well.
For those whom missed the meeting feel free to ask me and I would be happy to share information.
Go hard or go home

Barrakooda

« Reply #2 on: 11 November, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »
Will echo what the others have said & appreciate the presentation, well worth it.

kimepton

« Reply #3 on: 11 November, 2015, 07:57:37 PM »
Appreciate the comments, guys.

There is room for follow up courses.

Hema Explorer is cheap and intuitive:

It does everything we need it to do.
Easy to learn.
Fantastic backup from Hema.
If we all are using the same App it is easier interaction in the field (and it doesn't preclude the use of other Apps, e.g., Hema Maps, HN7, OE).
Group education at other times.
Ozi Explorer (the Rolls Royce of moving map technology (MMT)) is too hard to learn. It is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. It puts people off learning about MMT.

For all the Trips I will do (including the Deserts) HE is good enough. Let's run with it. If people then want to 'upgrade' to OE they have a firm base from which to then move forward.

Thanks very much to Craig Roper for the help and instruction with the Android version of the App during the Presentation. About a third of the attendees were using Android and without Craig's input, ably assisted by Graham Howe, we would not have been able to move forward as we did.

Guys, if you have an iPad or a Tablet it's a no brainer - get  Hema Explorer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines