29 March, 2020, 04:49:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Four-Wheel-Drive Forrest Firewood Foraging Fun 7th March 2020  (Read 60 times)

Offline AB

• Treasurer
  • Committee Member
  • WPC Member Since: 30/01/2015
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 148
Hello everyone
This trip took place.  But you'll have to take my word for it.
8:15am - Andrew (AB) and two young kids departed the big smoke in a GQ ute with 6x4 trailer.
10:25am  - stop in at Narrogin for hot coffee for myself and milkshakes for the kids.
Called into the local Coles supermarket as I'd realised I'd no toilet paper in the ute.  The toilet paper madness had also struck the folk of Narrogin and District.
~11:30am  - navigated to the designated track for one of the permitted firewood collection areas.  This particular tracked my not have been traversed for several years.  Several trees had fallen across this track.  I set to work to clear these trees from the track and at about 4:30pm called it a day.
I'm satisfied with the outcome and the day's drive to the country.
Biggest difficulties:
1) Chain saw with only a semi sharp chain.  Sharpening the chain in the field was not overly successful.
2) Ipads and children and games.  Educate you kids to stop using your iPad/devices when they get down to 20% battery remaining.  My HEMA electronic map is useless with 0% battery.   
 Look out for another firewood foraging day July-August.  I'll look to combine it with a country town field day or similar event and an over-night camp.
Over and out.
AB

Offline AB

• Treasurer
  • Committee Member
  • WPC Member Since: 30/01/2015
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 148
Re: Four-Wheel-Drive Forrest Firewood Foraging Fun 7th March 2020
« Reply #1 on: 08 March, 2020, 09:20:02 PM »
None of that semi-dry jarrah this winter!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines