29 March, 2020, 04:09:28 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Mid Week Meander - Friday 21 Feb 2020 MundAl Track Reccy - Report  (Read 210 times)

Offline Budds

• Financial Member 2019 - 2020
  • WPC Member Since: 13/10/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 100
Well the first weekday trip is now complete, I can't call it a midweek meander as we went out on a Friday. But hey who cares right, we got out and did some driving.

So the best laid plans always go astray, I had organised with IFFY, Superjacs and Mrs Superjack to meet at my house and we would convoy up to the meeting point, however Mr IFFY slept in and so decided to meet us there.

So we rolled into the meeting point at about 0915 to find IFFY and Textminer awaiting our arrival. We said our hellos, did a quick rundown with all of the Trip Leader boxes ticked we mounted up and moved out.

The drive for the day was the first section of the MundAl track and this is an easy section of formed gravel roads and some sections of bitumen. Being the time of year the gravel was very dusty and so our four car convoy was strung out quite some distance.

True to WPC form we had a couple of wrong turns, although I did manage to pick up the mistake before we all had to do 3 point turns.

We crossed the Serpentine dam and meandered our way into Jarrahdale at approximately 1130 where stopped for a bite to eat and then continued on towards Dwellingup. This section had some pretty bad corrugations and became a little tight in some areas. All-in-all a nice drive in the bush.

We rolled into Dwellingup at around 1330 and called an end to the trip at which point we had a cold tasty beverage before making our way home.

During the trip I did spot some nice little tracks of the main track of which I will be planning trips back to investigate them a bit more. So stay tuned for them.

Thank you to Superjacs, Mrs Superjack, IFFY and Textminer for tagging along on this trip and I hope to see more of you out there for the next one.

Cheers

Budds
Lest We Forget

R U OK

Offline Two Trolls

• Committee Member
  • WPC Member Since: 08/10/2019
    Years
Re: Mid Week Meander - Friday 21 Feb 2020 MundAl Track Reccy - Report
« Reply #1 on: 25 February, 2020, 02:04:16 PM »
Thanks for sharing Budds, sounds like it was a great day out :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines