22 February, 2020, 11:24:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Western Patrol Club Inc.

Author Topic: Four-Wheel-Drive Forrest Firewood Foraging Fun  (Read 31 times)

Offline BigCol

• Trips coordinator
  • WPC Member Since: 29/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 054
Four-Wheel-Drive Forrest Firewood Foraging Fun
« on: 13 February, 2020, 11:11:33 PM »
What: Four-Wheel-Drive Forrest Firewood Foraging Fun

Where:  near Dryandra Woodlands near Narrogin. Permit required.  $11 per tonne.

When:  7th March 2020

Who: All WPC Members and Families

Trip Leader: AB

Terrain:
1 - Relatively Easy (Beginners)
2 - Moderate to Easy
3 - Moderate
4 - Moderate to Serious
5 - Serious and Endurance

Rating out of 5 will be?: 2

Distance: 160km (this is trip duration only, travel distance varies depending on where you live)

Description:  collecting mallet timber from near Dryandra Woodlands near Narrogin. - Permit required.  $11 per tonne.

Car Limit: 6

Dog Friendly: NO

Meeting Point: TBA

Meeting time: 0830 hrs for 0900 Departure

Comms: UHF channel 20

What To Bring: Lunch, cameras, recovery gear, compressor, tyre deflater, ALL PARKS  PASSES (or money for entry to the national park areas), gloves, sturdy footwear, sun hat.

A permit will need to be appropriated, it is $11 per tonne for the firewood, (details on how to get the permit will be up ASAP as soon as I find out)

Disclaimer: "Neither the Western Patrol Club nor AB accept any liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising from participating in this trip, howsoever caused. While all due care will be taken, no responsibility will be accepted. If you act inappropriately while on this trip, you will be asked to leave."

Please post here if you are coming along and PM with a mobile number. If we have your mob number we can check if you are running late and organise another meeting point. If you drop out late we can contact you and the rest of the crew can get moving instead of hanging around wondering.

Definites:

Maybes:

Newbies:

Guests:
DID YOU KNOW......Great Northern Highway links Western Australia's capital city Perth with its northernmost port, Wyndham. With a length of almost 3,200 kilometres (2,000 mi), it is the longest highway in Australia

Offline AB

• Treasurer
  • Committee Member
  • WPC Member Since: 30/01/2015
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • WPC Member #: 148
Re: Four-Wheel-Drive Forrest Firewood Foraging Fun
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 10:38:32 PM »
Some points about this trip.
  • It will take place.
  • Excepting, of course, if a fire ban be in place to prevent this event occurring.
  • Permits can be purchased over the phone with a credit card by calling the Narrogin DPAW
  • Maps of collection areas will be issued by Narrogin DPAW after buying a permit.  I'll clarify if maps will be issued via email or if it is necessary to drive all the way into Narrogin DPAW to be handed a map.
  • Depending on the above point... if it is necessary to go to Narrogin then meeting time is 9:00am at the Narrogin DPAW office.  If it is not necessary ….meeting time will be 9:00am at the "Tanglefoot Winery & Café" on the northern edge of Wandering Town
  • Narrogin is about 4.5hrs round trip from Perth CBD.  You will understand this and be happy to spend that time in the saddle to attend this trip.

Please DON"T contact Narrogin DPAW until after I post a follow up trip message.  I expect to do so Tuesday.

Also, you will be asked NOT to participate if you arrive without study footwear, trousers and gloves.  It is snake season after all.

Camping Saturday night in a DPAW run camp ground is possible and I recommend a visit to the Barnia Mia Nocturnal Wildlife Experience.  However, these two aspects would be extra - curricular; the are not in the scope of this Firewood collection trip.

Please look out for my next message due Tuesday.

Regards

Andrew

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: dioxide
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines