Western Patrol Club Inc.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Club Trip Reports / Julimar Wonder
« Last post by Fish on Yesterday at 06:28:51 PM »
So Sunday rolled around and I struggled to get going in the morning... By the time I got to Gingers both Paul and Dermot were patiently waiting. A quick splash of diesel in the tank and some grub for lunch and brief chat before hitting the frog and toad for the short trip out to Julimar State Forest.

Traffic was horrendous that day seemed like half of Perth had decided to go North for a drive. Paul got stuck behind some vintage vehicles that were travelling along Great Northern doing 60km/hr but managed to catch up as we turned into Chittering Road at Bullsbrook.

My best laid plans of avoiding the traffic soon back fired when we go stuck behind a motorcyclist who would have to be the slowest motorcyclist I've ever seen decided that 70 km/hr would be a good speed. We unfortunately got stuck behind him all the way to the Turn off to Julimar Road. Luckily for us he was continuing straight as I would hate to have seen what his speed would have been climbing the hill.

Turning off on West Boundary Road and proceeding to air down before continuing on, this first section is pretty straight forward a little but rough in sections due to erosion and what not but nothing backing your foot of the accelerator and just idling over the bumps cant get you through. We passed a sign that I thought we turned down on my recce the week before but thought nothing of it.

I was looking at my Hema about 5-10 minutes later and realised I'd had a Beachy moment and zigged when I should of zagged, for future reference all the arrow indicates where you are  >:D. Anyway after taking action to recover from my momentary geographical confusion we took a left turn down a track that started to get interesting, tight and winding with lots of creek crossings which were all dry but in a month or 2 would be very interesting.

The little shorty was in its element while I had a close shave with a tree that didn't want to let me pass.

We stumbled upon some motor cross riders who we waited for and then they waived us through, I initially thought they were four wheel drivers coming from the other direction. Some points along the track a 4-5 point turn was required to get through.

Dermot decided he was having too much fun and thought he had better get himself stuck. Gotta love not keeping your wheels on the top of ruts hey mate  >:D. I volunteered to be winch recovery vehicle as Dermot got himself unstuck and then Paul drove the right line and from there we made it back on to the original planned track.

We drove on for a bit and bypassed a big section of the planned route instead heading for the mud holes which are always fun. Paul managed to conquer the one that defeated him last time and after he had finished flicking mud everywhere we continued on towards Dummy Spit Hill.

Quite an interesting series of hills with some cresting of the hill and the track disappears to however left hand down and you find the track again.

After all the fun and excitement it was time to air up and begin the trip home again. Bit of a chin wag before we hit the frog and toad but all in all a good days driving and some new tracks found.
2018 Club Trips and Events / Re: Julimar Daytrip Sun 20th May
« Last post by Fish on Yesterday at 05:41:48 PM »
Trip complete thread closed.
« Last post by 4bye4 on 19 May, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »
No; I'm not.  I'm going to England instead.
Going to the wedding?
« Last post by SteveNDee on 18 May, 2018, 11:56:43 PM »
So sorry guys, but unfortunately we wont be coming along.  :'(
« Last post by AB on 18 May, 2018, 11:37:06 AM »
No; I'm not.  I'm going to England instead.
Club Trips and Events / Re: Kaarakin Busy Bee Sunday 16th September 2018
« Last post by AB on 17 May, 2018, 09:05:00 PM »
I'll attend.
« Last post by AB on 17 May, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »
I'm joining you.  See you at Ginger's.
« Last post by Fish on 17 May, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »
Hey guys Sorry to do this but unfortunately I won’t we able to make it Sunday.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good Steveo thanks for letting me know
« Last post by KINANG on 17 May, 2018, 09:34:26 AM »
Change me from probably maybe to definitely probably..  >:D
« Last post by Steveo79 on 17 May, 2018, 07:54:53 AM »
Hey guys Sorry to do this but unfortunately I won’t we able to make it Sunday.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10