Western Patrol Club Inc.

WPC 10th Birthday Bash - Kings Park 11th Feb 2018

Offline Budds

• President
  • WPC Member #: 100
WPC 10th Birthday Bash - Kings Park 11th Feb 2018
« on: 12 February, 2018, 10:35:37 AM »
Well Ladies and Gents,

I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to all who came along to make the day a success. We had a good mix of past and present and there were numerous interactions between both groups.

I would like to thank Andrew (AB) for being our Victualler for the day, I know how much work it takes to run around and get all the victuals.
I would like to thank John & Lesley (Superjacs and Mrs Superjac) for their efforts with setup.
I would like to thank the BBQ Boys: Greg (Jonesy), Iaian (Iffy), Aaron (Fish), John (Superjacs).
Although she wasn't able to attend Tracey (Stokersgirl) for arranging the wonderful cake.

I would like to thank all of the committee for their help in making the day successful.

If this was any indication of what we can achieve as a group then we are in a good place.

Thank you to those who attended and I hope to see you all at the camping weekend at Brookton.

If you have any pictures please feel free to add them and your words to this thread.
Lest We Forget

R U OK

Offline Jonesy

• WPC Member #: 164
Re: WPC 10th Birthday Bash - Kings Park 11th Feb 2018
« Reply #1 on: 12 February, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »
Soooo excited to participate in the celebration of the “10th birthday of the Western Patrol Club” at Kings Park.  It was some sort of re-enactment of how WPC was conceived in the minds of a group of die-hard Patrol owners.  Being a “newbie”, it was also a chance for Greg and me to meet and chat with members of this club. 
We arrived early at the venue and the pavilion was still occupied by the Jaguar Club.  We spent the next hour having a nice, relaxing morning tea at the Café.  Once we finished reading the Sunday paper, we started walking towards the pavilion and met up with Budds, Heidi, John and Lesley. 
We finally took over the picnic shed and started to set up.  Slowly, members arrived and the atmosphere has changed when old members met each other and tried to catch up – it was like a big reunion.
Greg got tired of sitting and started cleaning up the bbq even if the meat hadn’t arrived.  Soon, the mob was cookin while Bill, John and Lesley were busy splitting the buns.  Of course, there was a very nice, yummy-looking birthday chocolate cake.  Members started devouring lunch, and it was followed by slices of juicy watermelon (supposed to be for kids) but adults helped themselves too. 
A brief speech from President Budds was followed by the cutting of the cake.  For Diabetic members, Lesley has baked a very healthy carrot cake.  It’s a big decision for diabetics – to eat the healthy cake or the yummo chocolate cake with a very thick choc icing. 
All in all, it was a pretty nice celebration of the Western Patrol Club’s 10th anniversary – may you have many more. Happy to be part of our new club -  the Patrol family.

Jonesy's Report

Offline Jonesy

• WPC Member #: 164
« Reply #2 on: 12 February, 2018, 04:12:52 PM »
More photos.
Pauline

Offline RustyNails

• Go you White Weapon!!
  • WPC Member #: 027
« Reply #3 on: 12 February, 2018, 07:46:01 PM »
Thanks to the Committee and all involved in the day. Even the weather was planned to perfection.
It was great to see such a turnout of members, old and new.
Fantastic to catch up with some of our founding members, PMC - Paul, Evil Twin - Graham, L300 - Andrew and HerPatrol - Jess and reminisce about the original Kings Park meeting.

Offline l300

• PM For Air conditioning repairs and regassing
  • WPC Member #: 003
« Reply #4 on: 13 February, 2018, 07:49:14 AM »
Twas a Great arvo, and i echo rustys comments...

If there was only a way we could still have these ex members in the club still.

Offline Fish

• Trips Co-Ordinator
« Reply #5 on: 13 February, 2018, 08:09:58 AM »
Great team effort by the committee in organising this and thanks to all the

- New Members
- Current Financial Members
- Ex Members

Who attended and caught up with everyone, here's to another 10 years  :cheers:
2004 GU 4.2TD ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel
Statistics

Offline RustyNails

• Go you White Weapon!!
  • WPC Member #: 027
« Reply #6 on: 13 February, 2018, 08:07:44 PM »
I can't remember who was asking about Justin-Frankos Patrol on Sunday at the park but blow me down, guess who I ran into today.