Western Patrol Club Inc.

South Dwelly Daytrip

Offline Jonesy

• WPC Member #: 164
South Dwelly Daytrip
« on: 16 July, 2018, 10:27:45 AM »
Sth Dwellingup survey trip with Jonesy, Kinang and Grover.  Awesome fun and another lesson - winching.
« Last Edit: 16 July, 2018, 05:48:39 PM by Fish »

Offline Grover

• WPC Member #: 113
Re: South Dwelly Daytrip
« Reply #1 on: 16 July, 2018, 09:41:29 PM »
Jonesy,

Thank you for stepping in at the eleventh hour to host this trip, great job! It was a great day out, thoroughly enjoyed by Grover and Grover junior.

Pauline,

Thank you for supplying morning tea, even though you weren’t there in person. We ate the morning tea after lunch….this is partly due to the fact that we are a bunch of blokes not that familiar with the subtleties and etiquette of morning tea. That said, it was also related to Jonesey kindly providing a winching demonstration at morning tea time. This had us thoroughly distracted.

As mentioned, we had a great day out, relaxing, refreshing and good fun. The trip provided three interesting moments:

Hill 1 – two got to the top, one didn’t. End of story, no further correspondence entered into.

Hill 2 – we all walked away. It was that slippery we could barely walk up it. I sort of wanted to try…then I woke up.

Hill 3 – down-hill, we all had gravity assist engaged. One suspects a deep breath from any drivers in automatic short-wheel based vehicles. I was fine, calmly explaining to junior that it was normal to quickly accelerate, slide sideways and use bad language. 

Thanks again Jonesy

Offline Jonesy

• WPC Member #: 164
« Reply #2 on: 16 July, 2018, 10:06:55 PM »
Jonesy,

Thank you for stepping in at the eleventh hour to host this trip, great job! It was a great day out, thoroughly enjoyed by Grover and Grover junior.

Pauline,

Thank you for supplying morning tea, even though you weren’t there in person. We ate the morning tea after lunch….this is partly due to the fact that we are a bunch of blokes not that familiar with the subtleties and etiquette of morning tea. That said, it was also related to Jonesey kindly providing a winching demonstration at morning tea time. This had us thoroughly distracted.

As mentioned, we had a great day out, relaxing, refreshing and good fun. The trip provided three interesting moments:

Hill 1 – two got to the top, one didn’t. End of story, no further correspondence entered into.

Hill 2 – we all walked away. It was that slippery we could barely walk up it. I sort of wanted to try…then I woke up.

Hill 3 – down-hill, we all had gravity assist engaged. One suspects a deep breath from any drivers in automatic short-wheel based vehicles. I was fine, calmly explaining to junior that it was normal to quickly accelerate, slide sideways and use bad language. 

Thanks again Jonesy

GOLD!...... Jonesy

Great report Grover. I watched the video of the trip and glad I wasn't there.  Kinang has posted more photos on WPC facebook too.  Thanks for rescuing him even if he's not insured (the vehicle is)..... pauline

« Reply #3 on: 22 July, 2018, 01:57:47 PM »
Some Pics

« Reply #4 on: 22 July, 2018, 02:02:20 PM »
last couple