Western Patrol Club Inc.

Canning Stock Route 2019

Offline Howezit

• Treasurer
  • WPC Member #: 119
Re: Canning Stock Route 2019
« Reply #40 on: 03 February, 2019, 09:07:52 PM »

I've been thinking...
This is one of the longest (maybe the longest) trip done so far by the club.
Would those on this trip be prepared to pay for a trip-specific WPC polo shirt for this trip?
On further thought...
Maybe, considering the "epicness" (is there such a word?) of the trip, we might find a trip subsidy contributing towards the cost of the polo shirts is a reasonable request?? ;) ;)
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Offline doc evil

• Where the air is clear as crystal, and the white stars fairly blaze
  • Through the ranges and the gorges....
    • West OZ Challenge
  • WPC Member #: 019
« Reply #41 on: 04 February, 2019, 06:48:14 AM »

I've been thinking...
This is one of the longest (maybe the longest) trip done so far by the club.
Would those on this trip be prepared to pay for a trip-specific WPC polo shirt for this trip?
On further thought...
Maybe, considering the "epicness" (is there such a word?) of the trip, we might find a trip subsidy contributing towards the cost of the polo shirts is a reasonable request?? ;) ;)

Or on an even further thought, I do have a contact to do a "fishing" style shirt (short, long sleeve or a wife beater ;) ) with our vehicles, names etc...……...
"If you're going out there, I'll give you a tip. It's wild and it's rough and you're in for a trip. But once you've gone this far off the track, you won't turn around, and you'll never look back."

Our lockers, who art in the diffs Hallowed be thy name, thy traction come,thy will be done,in mud as it is in rocks,give us this day,our daily tread and forgive us our rollovers…

***in australia - if your gut as to chest ratio exceed 1.5 as to 1 - you MUST grow a goatee - its the law***

Offline Howezit

• Treasurer
« Reply #42 on: 04 February, 2019, 08:41:39 AM »
On further thought...
Or on an even further thought, I do have a contact to do a "fishing" style shirt (short, long sleeve or a wife beater ;) ) with our vehicles, names etc...……...
Even better  ;D

Offline doc evil

• West OZ Challenge
« Reply #43 on: 05 February, 2019, 08:13:16 AM »
On further thought...
Even better  ;D

cool. email     a(dot)Szentessy(at)gmail(dot)com    me a couple of pics (the larger the size the better) and I'll send them off. Graham, the WPC logo as well if you have it please.

Also, what wording would we want?? Names?? all that kinda stuff. Design is done by my mate but direction from us. If we get the basics down first, it's easier.
"If you're going out there, I'll give you a tip. It's wild and it's rough and you're in for a trip. But once you've gone this far off the track, you won't turn around, and you'll never look back."

Our lockers, who art in the diffs Hallowed be thy name, thy traction come,thy will be done,in mud as it is in rocks,give us this day,our daily tread and forgive us our rollovers…

***in australia - if your gut as to chest ratio exceed 1.5 as to 1 - you MUST grow a goatee - its the law***

Offline Dman

• Sshhhh Dont Tell the Mrs
  • WPC Member #: 150
« Reply #44 on: 06 February, 2019, 01:39:20 PM »
Yup Im in! I think its a great idea!

Offline Dusty

• WPC Member #: 133
« Reply #45 on: 11 March, 2019, 04:20:30 PM »
Hi all

My Holiday plans have now changed I am interested in doing the top part of this trip as I live in derby.

Dusty
Go hard or go home

Offline Ropes

• B.O.F.H.
  • Mmm that feels better :P
  • WPC Member #: 107
« Reply #46 on: 12 March, 2019, 11:02:00 AM »
Now that I'm not going to be away at this time, I am very interested in this trip.

Will anyone be towing a camper or RTT/swagging it?

Cheers
Craig
05 GU IV TD42Ti ST
All the good stuff and more.
A work in progress...

Offline Howezit

• Treasurer
« Reply #47 on: 12 March, 2019, 11:26:29 AM »
Hi all

My Holiday plans have now changed I am interested in doing the top part of this trip as I live in derby.

Dusty
Where would you plan on joining us?

Offline Howezit

• Treasurer
« Reply #48 on: 12 March, 2019, 11:27:23 AM »
Will anyone be towing a camper or RTT/swagging it?
At the moment it RTT and swagging only.

Offline Dusty

• WPC Member #: 133
« Reply #49 on: 12 March, 2019, 12:48:55 PM »
Hi all

Dusty
Where would you plan on joining us?

Not sure I don't mind doubling back I am keen for doing the Gibb as well.

Probably about 100km south of Lake Gregory
Go hard or go home

Offline Fish

• Trips Co-Ordinator
« Reply #50 on: 14 March, 2019, 05:44:22 AM »
I'll either be taking a swag or tent at this stage probably about time for another catch up if everyone is keen.
2004 GU 4.2TD ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel
Statistics

Offline Dman

« Reply #51 on: 21 March, 2019, 12:03:25 PM »
I'll either be taking a swag or tent at this stage probably about time for another catch up if everyone is keen.

Im keen for a catch up! Preferably before work goes mental again!!

Offline doc evil

• West OZ Challenge
« Reply #52 on: 17 April, 2019, 09:37:25 AM »
11 weeks guys........are we still serious about this trip?????
We should have had our second trip planning meeting and closing in on our 3rd meeting.
What's the go guys?????

Offline Howezit

• Treasurer
« Reply #53 on: 17 April, 2019, 10:08:06 AM »
11 weeks guys........are we still serious about this trip?????
We should have had our second trip planning meeting and closing in on our 3rd meeting.
What's the go guys?????
Yep! All good! I'm certainly still in!
My office (with beer) is available most evenings..if that's convenient..

Offline Dman

« Reply #54 on: 17 April, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »
I’m still in! Still building up the troll when I’m not working flat out! Keen for a catch up also! & has anyone/ everyone got all their permits sorted yet? Should I have already done this?

Offline Howezit

• Treasurer
« Reply #55 on: 17 April, 2019, 01:21:17 PM »
...has anyone/ everyone got all their permits sorted yet? Should I have already done this?
It happens almost instantaneously so no rush.
It is done here..
https://permits.canningstockroute.net.au/permit/conditions.aspx
I've submitted my application and it was instantly approved. I haven't paid yet.
Cost is $175.
« Last Edit: 17 April, 2019, 01:28:08 PM by Howezit »

Offline doc evil

• West OZ Challenge
« Reply #56 on: 18 April, 2019, 07:57:29 AM »
...has anyone/ everyone got all their permits sorted yet? Should I have already done this?
It happens almost instantaneously so no rush.
It is done here..
https://permits.canningstockroute.net.au/permit/conditions.aspx
I've submitted my application and it was instantly approved. I haven't paid yet.
Cost is $175.

Likewise, my permit is done. My fee is $350 for 2 people.......
I've done the dates as 3/7/19 to 23/7/19.

Can I suggest Wed 1st May for a trip meeting including all those who as interested but not confirmed??
« Last Edit: 18 April, 2019, 08:17:55 AM by doc evil »

Offline Howezit

• Treasurer
« Reply #57 on: 18 April, 2019, 08:25:12 AM »
Can I suggest Wed 1st May for a trip meeting including all those who as interested but not confirmed??
Works for me.. in our offices?

Offline doc evil

• West OZ Challenge
« Reply #58 on: 18 April, 2019, 08:43:26 AM »
Works for me.. in our offices?

Yeah, that sounds like a plan, or maybe a pub more central, you know how badly those southerners throw the toys outta the pram when they gotta travel to the better side of the world...... ;D ;D

Offline Dman

« Reply #59 on: 18 April, 2019, 01:06:55 PM »
Yeah i did the submission part of the permits but never paid as I was wanting to confirm dates before i paid!
Either works for me! But I can't stay late as im up in the middle of the night these days!