Western Patrol Club Inc.

Southern Cross to Lake Ballard via The Helena Aurora Range

Offline Budds

• President
  • WPC Member #: 100
What: Extended Trip – Southern Cross to Lake Ballard (via The Helena Aurora Ranges)

Where: Southern Cross to Lake Ballard then to Kalgoorlie (via The Helena Aurora Ranges)

When: Mon 21st to Fri 25th Oct 2019

Who: All Welcome

Trip Leader: Budds

Terrain:
1 - Relatively Easy (Beginners)
2 - Moderate to Easy
3 - Moderate
4 - Moderate to Serious
5 - Serious and Endurance

Rating out of 5 will be?: 1 to 3

Distance: Approx 1800km round trip depending where you live.

Description: This is a pre-trip to the Kalgoorlie Desert Race Trip. The aim is to follow a trek that I have downloaded from ExplorOz that covers the portion from Southern Cross to Lake Ballard via the Helena Aurora Range and some other sights. The this portion of the trip can be completed in two days however my plan is to take a minimum of four arriving in Kalgoorlie either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning, ready for the race activities.

There are a couple of ghost towns along this trek and I am planning on taking plenty of photos. So if anyone is interested then please post up here and I will make this a trip. I will need at least one other vehicle as I won’t attempt this alone. This treks is in a remote part of WA and as such will require anyone attending to be prepared. I will have my Sat Phone with me.

Car Limit: Open

Dog Friendly: NO

Meeting Point: TBA

Meeting time: TBA

Comms: UHF channel 20

What To Bring: Recovery Gear, Camera, Food and Drink, First Aid Kit and UHF Radio. Camping equipment and be ready for remote area travel.

Disclaimer: "Neither the Western Patrol Club nor Mark Budden OAM (Budds) accept any liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising from participating in this trip, howsoever caused. While all due care will be taken, no responsibility will be accepted. If you act inappropriately while on this trip, you will be asked to leave."

Please post here if you are coming along and PM with a mobile number. If we have your mob number we can check if you are running late and organise another meeting point. If you drop out late we can contact you and the rest of the crew can get moving instead of hanging around wondering.

Definites:
Budds
Kinang
Howezit

Maybes:
Ropes & StokersGirl
DXGrunt
Grover
Doc Evil

Newbies:

Guests:

« Last Edit: 16 May, 2019, 06:52:18 AM by Budds »
Lest We Forget

R U OK

Offline Budds

• President
Re: Southern Cross to Lake Ballard via The Helena Aurora Range
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2019, 02:23:46 PM »
I will be adding more details in the days ahead and would like to get everyone together at some stage for a chat.
Lest We Forget

R U OK

Offline doc evil

• Where the air is clear as crystal, and the white stars fairly blaze
  • Through the ranges and the gorges....
    • West OZ Challenge
  • WPC Member #: 019
« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2019, 05:30:54 AM »
2nd request to be added as a maybe.........please.
"If you're going out there, I'll give you a tip. It's wild and it's rough and you're in for a trip. But once you've gone this far off the track, you won't turn around, and you'll never look back."

Our lockers, who art in the diffs Hallowed be thy name, thy traction come,thy will be done,in mud as it is in rocks,give us this day,our daily tread and forgive us our rollovers…

***in australia - if your gut as to chest ratio exceed 1.5 as to 1 - you MUST grow a goatee - its the law***

Offline Budds

• President
« Reply #3 on: 16 May, 2019, 06:54:18 AM »

Sorry my friend must of missed it. Why only a maybe.
Lest We Forget

R U OK

Offline doc evil

• Where the air is clear as crystal, and the white stars fairly blaze
  • Through the ranges and the gorges....
    • West OZ Challenge
  • WPC Member #: 019
« Reply #4 on: 17 May, 2019, 10:30:42 AM »

Sorry my friend must of missed it. Why only a maybe.

Thanks Budds.........I don't know what I'm doing next week..........that is months away............. ;D ;D
"If you're going out there, I'll give you a tip. It's wild and it's rough and you're in for a trip. But once you've gone this far off the track, you won't turn around, and you'll never look back."

Our lockers, who art in the diffs Hallowed be thy name, thy traction come,thy will be done,in mud as it is in rocks,give us this day,our daily tread and forgive us our rollovers…

***in australia - if your gut as to chest ratio exceed 1.5 as to 1 - you MUST grow a goatee - its the law***