Western Patrol Club Inc.

Bullsbrook to Pinjar - 09/08/09

Offline XLR8

• TD KILLER
Bullsbrook to Pinjar - 09/08/09
« on: 10 August, 2009, 12:30:33 PM »
Well it was an early start with 4 of the members meeting at Maccas in Midland for brekky before making the trip up to Bullsbrook for the meeting point. Along the way we picked up Tuff Tonka and Albino Rhino, who had made the journey up from Mandurah & Rockingham, before losing them again when they dropped in for a feed and fuel. We arrived at the meeting point only to find the pub had changed it's name and began to worry that nobody would find us, but by 9:30 everyone had arrived including a few tag alongs with other makes accompanying Rev. After a brief drivers meeting we hit the blacktop again to make our way to the back of the Maze. It was decided to lock in hubs but leave tyre pressures as the ground was fairly fim on Tuesday when I did the recce and it would be good experience to do some lessons in pressure once we hit the hills.

We headed off again but weren't mobile long before we got a call to advise 1BBQ had buried the oil burner (you ought to be ashamed mate, even the Terrano got through that bit). On the move again, and the going was tough, alot tougher than it had been only 5 days ago so with cars starting to get hot and churning the track it was decided we wouldn't make the hills before nightfall unless we aired down. After Vito bottoming out the Terrano on numerous occasions, Turbo put the tyre guage on to find they were still at 35PSI. so more air was dropped and things were going fine until.....

The first of the water crossings had caught a few of the guys by suprise but fortunately no serious boggings. To be safe the Non-Patrollers and a few Patrollers with the smaller tyres etc, went around the next crossing while those a little more adventurous had a crack.

Rev's Mate

Bethany (after turfing Vito out the drivers seat)

ShellChris

Kiwi

Tuff Tonka

Mr Dazza

Fatroll

Albino Rhino

Mick51

Plumber

1BBQ

Turbo GQ

Having got all the water out of our systems (and in some cases our shorts, Cheers Nathan) we headed for the hills to have some lunch. With the lack of rain the tracks were dried out and had the consistancy of Talc powder, which made for some hard going over the long, sloping rises but eventually we all made it through to higher, firmer ground where the drive became quite easy. Despite Vito hanging his head out the window on a few occasions, looking a little green around the gills, he managed to survive and avoided being pushed out of the car at high speed.

We reached our lunch spot nearly 2 hours late so everyone was eager for a bite to eat before having a go at conquering High Hill.

With so little time left it was decided to cancel the second part of the trip as we wouldn't have hit the bitumen until well after dark, so those of us who were still eager to get dirty went down to one of my favourite spots for a roll in the mud and some friendly banter with a couple of LandCrab owners who wouldn't put their money where their mouth was.

Many thanks to all who attended, I hope you all enjoyed the day. I look forward to seeing the "Newbies" back out with us again soon and hope we haven't frightened you off.  ;)

Please post any pics/vids you have up here before the 16th, when the thread will be locked.

« Last Edit: 10 August, 2009, 06:54:11 PM by XLR8 »

Mr dazza

Re: Bullsbrook to Pinjar - 09/08/09
« Reply #1 on: 10 August, 2009, 02:10:04 PM »
Thanks everyone for a good day out and to the guys who kindly pumped my tyres up thanks again
oww my video didnt work ill try to put it up again

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 12 August, 2009, 11:10:47 AM by Mr dazza »

Tuff Tonka

« Reply #2 on: 10 August, 2009, 04:10:09 PM »
 ;D Geez I make water look so GOOD. Had a great day and am finally able to fill the paperwork out, so I can pay my dues.

Rev

« Reply #3 on: 10 August, 2009, 04:12:35 PM »
Cheers guys for a good day out, yeh u know I'll be back 8) 8)

AlbinoRhino

« Reply #4 on: 10 August, 2009, 07:09:35 PM »
Had wicked fun. Hanging out to do it again. I've got a fair few pics, so I will have to get my head around how to post them? Technology challenged you see, thats why I drive a 1980's model. Thanks everyone for the opportunity to go wheelin'.
Cheers

PS. Also good to see Tuff Tonka in the video using his old army training to do some recon in the reeds next to the bog. Next time I wanna see some mud smeared on the face for camo. ha,ha
« Last Edit: 10 August, 2009, 07:40:21 PM by AlbinoRhino »

Wayne57

« Reply #5 on: 10 August, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »
Great photos everyone, it looks like everyone had a great time, good to see some new trucks out there 8) 8)

plumber

« Reply #6 on: 10 August, 2009, 08:58:45 PM »
Thanks to everyone for a great day out, just washed the girl this morning can't wait to get her dirty again!!!!!     Awseome fun, we'll definatly be back for more. P.S we've got a few pics, as soon as I can work out how to post I will.

CHEERS  Plumber                               

ShellChris6872

« Reply #7 on: 10 August, 2009, 09:17:39 PM »
it is awesome to see the responses from the new people, and that they also had a great time,
i know if they have as much fun as i do, i am pretty sure we will keep attracting more members

Also big pat on the back for XLR8 for organising the trip,

TRUCKIE

« Reply #8 on: 10 August, 2009, 09:22:47 PM »
I see you got ya snatch hooked up ready chris whats the go with that ya got ya lift now AND 33's LOL ya dont need a snatch lol hope you had fun i have to come out again soon

ShellChris6872

« Reply #9 on: 10 August, 2009, 09:46:19 PM »
I see you got ya snatch hooked up ready chris whats the go with that ya got ya lift now AND 33's LOL ya dont need a snatch lol hope you had fun i have to come out again soon

havent ya heard of the P rule,

Prior Preparation Prevents P... Poor Performance

after getting stuck in that spot a couple of weeks ago, i didnt want to risk getting stuck again, and trying to get my fat ar$e outta the window is near on impossible
lol

bevan

« Reply #10 on: 11 August, 2009, 06:11:47 PM »
we had a great time with all the newbes giving every thing a go
that was good to seehere are a few photos that we took

these are only a few but the more intresting ones      cheers bevan

muzza22au

« Reply #11 on: 11 August, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
Looks like fun guys  ;) and great pics.

Offline BigCol

• WPC Member #: 054
« Reply #12 on: 12 August, 2009, 06:54:36 AM »
Great Pic's
making me even more sad I missed it with family things.......
looks like a great day was had by ALL (except me - family do.... lucky I had my happy pills)

cheers
DID YOU KNOW......Great Northern Highway links Western Australia's capital city Perth with its northernmost port, Wyndham. With a length of almost 3,200 kilometres (2,000 mi), it is the longest highway in Australia