Wozza's wander
« on: 16 August, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
now renamed Selfys slaughter    ;D ;D ;D

we managed to kill

1 33" muddie (brand new) ouch    :-[ :-[ :-[

1 rear 1/4 panel      :'( :'( :'(

1 front 1/4 panel (brand new) ouch    :o :o :o

doc's winch cable but we managed to fix it with duct tape     :o :o :o

and then there was Mikaels rig which was hard to tell if anything new got broken    :P :P :P

but we all had fun    8) 8) 8)

ohh and the 2 local guys we ran into (top blokes) who helped us with 1 recovery then they stowed in a rear door when the 4wd slid into a tree   ;) ;) ;)

pics to come

cheers Selfy

whoosha

Re: Wozza's wander
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2009, 07:24:30 AM »
Ouch sounds a bit like an expensive day in the mud. Although I am sure the action and adventure was worth it. I take there was some mud guts and glory had.

Great work Selfy for running this one - shame I couldn't make it - although my wallet is a bit relieved of the pain it avoided.

Selfy

« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »
a big thanks to the guys that came down for a top day out in the mud

franko's patrol
plumber
doc evil
mikael
bulman
justin (one of my mates from down here) the only one NOT recovered by anyone else on the day (go the GQ)

heres a link to some photos that we got     http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg159/selfy75/WPC%20Brunswick/

vito

« Reply #3 on: 17 August, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »
sorry i bailed but there is no chance that the terano would go any were out there, looks like i dodged a bullet on that one, looks like you all had a great time there tho

plumber

« Reply #4 on: 18 August, 2009, 06:20:55 PM »
Hi All, Thanks for a great day out on Sunday. Special mention to Selfy and Doc for leading, and for being on the ready with the recovery winch. (Funny how I seem to get singled out in the recovery photos though)

Damage for the day: 1 Alloy Bull bar not sitting quite where MR. Nissan left it.
                    1 Dent in the record book for not gettin throu an obstacle.

Thanks again

Plumber

RUN-UP

« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2009, 07:57:15 PM »
hope the dent aint to bad plumber your car was quiet straight and nice body wise
hows the wife with the dent

mikael

« Reply #6 on: 18 August, 2009, 07:59:50 PM »
sorry guys been really busy.. will try to post it up by tomorrow thanks!

Wayne57

« Reply #7 on: 18 August, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »

Hey Lina, I think they are called DIMPLES ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RUN-UP

« Reply #8 on: 18 August, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »
dimples like it they can be quite cute in the right spots
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Selfy

« Reply #9 on: 18 August, 2009, 08:21:36 PM »
DIMPLES  haha my car has cellulite   ::) ::) ::)

frankos patrol

« Reply #10 on: 19 August, 2009, 07:34:23 PM »
you can add my drivers side step in the damaged bits for this trip...must of collected that rock before going into the drink. i had ball and still havent managed to get the mud of my pedals but the rain on th way home made sure the belly was clean. coupla piccy's below

Offline Bloggsy

• Quiet GU owner. You've been warned!!
  • WPC Member #: 032
« Reply #11 on: 19 August, 2009, 07:51:47 PM »
you can add my drivers side step in the damaged bits for this trip...must of collected that rock before going into the drink. i had ball and still havent managed to get the mud of my pedals but the rain on th way home made sure the belly was clean. coupla piccy's below

So Justin, you have matching dented side steps after Napier Road.

frankos patrol

« Reply #12 on: 19 August, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »

that i do, the new one isnt as bad and hasnt busted the supports underneath, more cosmetic. sliders will be on for my next outing. snorkel is next after doc growled at me for cutting sick in the mud and driving through the river with out one  :D

mikael

« Reply #13 on: 19 August, 2009, 08:37:40 PM »
I don't know what to really write for this trip as we didn't really go anywhere but it still was a blast.
Have to thanks Selfy and Bulman for leading the trip especially for getting  me out of that seriously stuck situation.

First obstacle was Bulman getting stuck at trying to attempt to climb the hill and after some winching action from Doc noone else dared to try that hill..

So off we went to the next one which was the river crossing.. my first time doing such a thing and it stopped my heart for a few seconds as it was a lot deeper than i thought.. ( Selfy assured me it wasn't that bad before i plunged in )
Frankos crossed through it without a snorkel and managed to get away with it.. pretty impressive stuff..

so we were to meet up at the next hill where Justin ( Selfy's mate ) made it through the hill and it didn't look as bad.. So I thought I would give it a go and somehow the ruts pulled me in and suddenly there was a big concrete under me belly... Took us a while to pull me out ( lost track of time ) and a few more recovery trainings... Thanks to Doc again for the winch..

next up was to help the top 2 blokes that we meet as he reversed and hit a tree.. Out the winch again...

After all that we just played in 'Mud Heaven' for a little while.. haven't seen that much mud since MOA... and for some reason I had to get stuck again....

Great great day out..

Didn't manage to break anything other than my clutch..

a few photos..

Offline doc evil

• Where the air is clear as crystal, and the white stars fairly blaze
  • Through the ranges and the gorges....
    • West OZ Challenge
  • WPC Member #: 019
« Reply #14 on: 19 August, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »

that i do, the new one isnt as bad and hasnt busted the supports underneath, more cosmetic. sliders will be on for my next outing. snorkel is next after doc growled at me for cutting sick in the mud and driving through the river with out one  :D

I didn't growl.............just concerned as the water in the creek crossing was just over my bonnet and knowing how detremental water is with diesels.......and look at the pic mikael took of your bus...........
« Last Edit: 19 August, 2009, 08:41:04 PM by doc evil »
"If you're going out there, I'll give you a tip. It's wild and it's rough and you're in for a trip. But once you've gone this far off the track, you won't turn around, and you'll never look back."

Our lockers, who art in the diffs Hallowed be thy name, thy traction come,thy will be done,in mud as it is in rocks,give us this day,our daily tread and forgive us our rollovers…

***in australia - if your gut as to chest ratio exceed 1.5 as to 1 - you MUST grow a goatee - its the law***

frankos patrol

« Reply #15 on: 19 August, 2009, 08:46:45 PM »

that i do, the new one isnt as bad and hasnt busted the supports underneath, more cosmetic. sliders will be on for my next outing. snorkel is next after doc growled at me for cutting sick in the mud and driving through the river with out one  :D

I didn't growl.............just concerned as the water in the creek crossing was just over my bonnet and knowing how detremental water is with diesels.......and look at the pic mikael took of your bus...........

yea i know you werent growling at me but it did get me thinking need to protect the engine, get my crap sorted and get a snorkel. I think i had my eyes closed when that pic was taken...didnt want to see my bonnet disappear under the deep blue

gec

« Reply #16 on: 19 August, 2009, 09:39:37 PM »
WOW looks like a great day out I wish I could have gone along with ya's

Beachbums

« Reply #17 on: 19 August, 2009, 11:47:08 PM »
Hi All, Now that Mikael has posted the Trip Report I'll let this thread run another day or two in case anyone else wants to post up pics.

After that I'll condense it down and send the spare posts over to the "We all wanna know" thread about this trip as these Trip Reports end up on the Clubs Web Page.

Cheers, Wayne

plumber

« Reply #18 on: 20 August, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
hope the dent aint to bad plumber your car was quiet straight and nice body wise

Wifey doesn't seem to have noticed yet, maybe I'll get away with this one. Damage not bad B-bar shifted to R-H side maybe 15mm or so. Hardly noticeable. HA HA