Western Patrol Club Inc.

Mt Observation

Tuff Tonka

Mt Observation
« on: 07 September, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »
Hi all, here we go, I'll try my best Lena and ET. First I'd just like to apologize for the picture and video situation, it seems Mandy I have a little gremlin that decided to get rid of all our vidoes and most of our pictures. So I'll just ask that what ever you can place up on the topic would be great.

So we finally arrived at KFC Mundaring after waking at 0530, to take care of a few other items. When we had arrived, pretty much after everyone else, except for Mick51 who had a dispensation from E.T. 'cause those old codgers stick together. I believe we had about 1 min to spare. I had enough time to take in a couple of rigs, before Jill latched onto me and said cough up, which don't get me wrong I was glad to pay my dues and finally be a full member, THANKGOD. I'm only guessing but I'll say that everyone else had been waiting for at least a good 15 mins, for the last couple of stragglers to rock on in. As soon as we where all there and all the obligatory hellos and HAPPY FATHERS DAYS had been said, ET jumped in and said his piece. Welcoming everyone plus the media crew that attended, then it was time to get rollin.

We left KFC and started the mighty FATHERS DAY journey, heading towards Great Southern Highway and onto the start of the dirt. We all pulled up to a little entrance exit spot at the end of the powerline track I believe, let our tyres down and I'm sorry turbo just couldn't resist, and some of us already had the bonnet up, ( always remember the 6 P's )( in case anyone does not know what they are just ask and I'll gladly let you know.) Unfortunately the picture I have doesn't show this, but I have seen one already. Once this was all done we where all off again, to our second stop, a rather tiny water crossing, I think myself and others may have only just got our treads wet, but this was for the camera crew to do their stuff. After this was our next stop which was at Manyering Springs and some remnants of the old huts from the Convict Era. We stopped here for a while had a chat and a looksee,then twas onto lunch at Mt Observation.

We all spacedout around the several carparks had our lunch, had some more formalities, some welcomes to myself and Mr HMMMM. After we all settled down from lunch it was onto our last stop as a full club to the waterhole come lake ( small. ) Of course XLR8 and the family had to show off the power of the beast, Mick51 showed us all the most impressive sideways manouvre. While some ladies, geez I dunno take the attention away from the dads, showed some rather skillful driving, well done ladies. From here the media crew said thankyou and we said thankyou back and then we said our little C U OUT THERE shout to finish off the day. All in all a good day had by all thanks very much EVERYONE.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 07 September, 2009, 04:48:24 PM by the evil twin »

Offline the evil twin

• If I get it out can I keep it?
  • WPC Member #: 007
Re: Mt Observation
« Reply #1 on: 07 September, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »

One bent blackboy.

ET talking about the remains of a hut

Did you see that FOS??? See what

Chris....keep away from those sheep!!!

Found 3 perfectly good kids sitting on a rock at Mt Obs... dunno why anyone would wanna throw 'em out

A short one having a play...

The more water the dirtier it gets... go figure...

Come on Boys - Lets all oww and ahhh over the engine

UKKIWI happy in his work - that's his smiley gesture

Part of the Up-Hill Mob

No Rusty, the gas container's not there either - it's still at home!

If it's Tourist Season why is it illegal to shoot 'em?.

"3 Tits... Awesome"

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I'm not having a second childhood, I'm stuck in my first one.

Offline the evil twin

• If I get it out can I keep it?
  • WPC Member #: 007
« Reply #2 on: 07 September, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »
Thanks for the Trip Report Tuff Tonka, hope you don't mind my very minor edit

17 Trucks plus another couple from 4x4WA made for a pretty good turnout (OK, a darn great turnout)...

Given the Camera gremlins pls help Tuff Tonka out with any pics of the day you would like to share... (keeping in mind that this is the public side of the Forum).

Pics and Club gossip are welcome over here...http://westernpatrolclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=3568.msg35194#msg35194

I will edit the thread accordingly in teh next coupla days after everyone has a chance to post pic's.

If it's Tourist Season why is it illegal to shoot 'em?.

"3 Tits... Awesome"

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I'm not having a second childhood, I'm stuck in my first one.

Offline XLR8

• TD KILLER
« Reply #3 on: 07 September, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »

and one from the powerlines afterwards

Rev

« Reply #4 on: 07 September, 2009, 05:36:27 PM »
Well guys had a great day out seeing part of the area I hadn't seen before, and catching up with an ol mate I haven't seen in years. Cheers for a good day...

Offline RustyNails

• Go you White Weapon!!
  • WPC Member #: 027
« Reply #5 on: 08 September, 2009, 05:52:21 PM »
My hat goes off the UKKIWI who tackled the swamp in his mighty 2.8 without a snorkle and with highway tyres on his truck.
Must have been intoxicated after seeing those open paddocks with plenty of available sheep.

Mick51

« Reply #6 on: 09 September, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
Absolutly a fantastic day.
Congratulations to the trip leader for a well organised, well run and very informative "Wander thru the Wandoo's".
Top marks and take a well deserved bow.