Western Patrol Club Inc.

Julimar Trip - 13th July 2008

MrsMav

Julimar Trip - 13th July 2008
« on: 13 July, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »
This thread will be locked until the trip report is written..  Once the report is written please only post pictures and not comments...

Thanks heaps. 

Offline l300

• PM For Air conditioning repairs and regassing
  • WPC Member #: 003
Re: Julimar Trip - 13th July 2008
« Reply #1 on: 13 July, 2008, 11:03:28 PM »
Twas a cool winters morning and the WPC were about to commence its julimar trip and who should be last to arrive? Us   And then assigned the role of trip report.  We watched a couple of other patrols pull into gingers hoping they would be with our trip....... but no   Here it is... ;)

Members had started to roll up to Gingers Roadhouse around 8:30 and "we" were the last to turn up around 8:50. After a quick pre-trip briefing, by mike, we were off to our vehicles ready to head off. Well allmost  The banshee decided she needed a jump start. Gotta fix that one day... Cheers rob for the jump . :D

Anyhoo, we pulled out of gingers and headed north in orderly fashion with only the odd vehicle splitting the group. The road we turned right onto from Gt northern hwy showed us some beautiful scenery on the wat to julimar. Further down the road, betsy the moo cow thought she'd come out to see us go by...  I think it was rob that said we should give her a sticker on her backside for a bit of advertising........LOL  ;D

After a coupla turns ET (who was running his GPS system) and mike pulled into julimar forest where we aired down ready to commence.

It was only a couple of minutes before we were  pulling the stubby lever in and decending a side of a hill. The tracks we travelled were fairly easy going overall, other than the odd rock or twenty that you had to watch out for.

As we were heading towards the famous mudholes, mike says he found a track on the left. After a quick chat over the radio, we all slowly turned left and crept along slowly. It wasnt long before we were stopped again. Mike got as far as a log across the track.  With a bit of gentle manouvering from a few of the boys, we were again mobile.

A rocky section was to be our next little challenge mike and graham took the original rocky route and some of us went to the right, a much smoother option while most of the rear of the pack gave it a go. Paul (pmc) instead of climbing over the big one, simply broke it into smaller pieces... :o

There were a few interesting and slightly challenging sections on the way to the mudholes but overall it was a great trip to the mudholes

The mudholes..... :D  yes....  Once we arrived there, some of the crew simply couldnt wait. In no time, patrols were heading for it left right and centre. I guess it would have been a good metre deep... Those who watched on had to keep back from the mudhole as the "incoming tide" came towards us bystanders everytime someone went through...  Some of us were happy just to sit back and watch.

After that, it was time for lunch. Towards the end of lunch, stephen, rob and rod (that i know off) went to sus out the tracks on the hill behind us. After lunch, the mudhole was punished once more where a number plate from a previous trip was found. It was announced that we would give the track up the hill a go. The first few headed up ok when tom yelled out he had a little trouble. While this was going on, mike was having troubles of his own with the electrics on his patrol.

Tom was mobile again by now, after finding one of his hubs unlocked. Its a wonder he go as far as he did.  I was doing well until about 2/3 the way up. I too had an unlocked hub...  The hub monsters must have been sneaking around unlocking them... LOL

Once at the top, i made a wrong turn to the right where paul (pmc) and mike followed. After turning around and doing that hard right turn while gritting your teeth (Anyone whos done that bend knows what i mean) :o we were back with the group.

We headed back to the main road where we aired up. Mike was discussing his alternator options, lord muck discovered a plate missing, paul (wildrova) had a bird under his bonnet, and robs patrol got a new brake light.

It was a nice drive along the road back to gingers roadhouse (our finishing point). Daniel (GQSWB) had a valve stem which caused him some grief, needing the spare to be thrown on.... It was at this point ourselves headed off home.

It was a great day with great people  ;D ;D  and look forward to doing it again soon....
« Last Edit: 13 July, 2008, 11:19:01 PM by l300 »

pmcwa

« Reply #2 on: 13 July, 2008, 11:09:09 PM »

pmcwa

« Reply #3 on: 13 July, 2008, 11:15:04 PM »

Offline XLR8

• TD KILLER
« Reply #4 on: 15 July, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »
Apologies to those with slower connections. Buffering seems to take forever using dropshots but due to "technical difficulties" with photobucket, it was the only way i could get a direct link.

Footage from the day out

Footage of the Mud Pit only
« Last Edit: 15 July, 2008, 03:34:17 PM by XLR8 »

Offline the evil twin

• If I get it out can I keep it?
  • WPC Member #: 007
« Reply #5 on: 17 July, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »
Link to E.T.s Vid from Julimar, I'll leave it open on Utube for about a week or so and then close it.

P.S. if anyone can figure how I can stop Mrs Evil from jumpin' in the drivers seat and having all the fun in the Mud... let me know... I should have never let her loose at MOA  ::)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ks9pYRTQZfQ
« Last Edit: 17 July, 2008, 07:21:01 PM by the evil twin »

If it's Tourist Season why is it illegal to shoot 'em?.

"3 Tits... Awesome"

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I'm not having a second childhood, I'm stuck in my first one.