Western Patrol Club Inc.

Beachy's midweek meander-Hoffmans

Tuff Tonka

Beachy's midweek meander-Hoffmans
« on: 16 November, 2009, 10:39:20 PM »
It always seems to never look as bad in the cab, Well for once I rocked up early, bout 45mins early to be exact, so after calling Beachy up to see where the rest of the convoy was I got delegated to write the trip report. Anyhow a bloody good day I reckon, I thouroughly enjoyed myself.

Beachy and the majority of the crew left the caltex and rocked on into the pinjarra bakery bout 8:45, (late I tell you bloody late) got our convoy orders then headed off towards Hoffman Mill. I should mention to we had 2 new guys with us today Budds and Rick, well done guys, hope you learnt a bit. We got to the point where the tarmac ceased to exist, did the usual air down and discuss where to put the new guys. Before arriving at Hoffmans Mill we had a bit of a play around through some good tracks, so the new guys could get a feel for it, I mean a TASTE FOR IT. After giving the new guys some pointers, they gained confidence after the first section, to get them through the rest of the day quite well. Mick was the only one who got stuck at this point, his right hand side slid into a rut, nothing to drastic, so to save face a GQ to GQ recovery was performed by none other than, HUH ME, I'm catchin you ET, slowly slowly.

Here it is E.T.! before we got to Hoffmans Mill, ET decided to TEST his new rig out on a section that was from the southwest wander area I believe, failed miseralbly, nah he only got stuck on one rock ledge, reckons he's guna have to upgrade to 39's, wait till he has to tell the wife, nah just kidding there as well. ET got up the track in the end and had alot of fun in the meantime.

After having some lunch, ET providing light on my light situation, Brisey and Beachy organising some maps on my new GPS, HA! told ya it was mine Mandy (wife), Rick going for a spin with Coopres I believe up a tricky section and doin quite well I hear, we finally arrived at Hoffmans. We checked out the facilities, quite good mind you, then we proceeded to have a bit more of a play. We came to section of water that a few of the guys had visited before, after driving through it twice, I went back to let the new guys how we would tackle it seen as how it was a bit deeper than before, a few of the guys decided to head back to Hoffmans and wait for the rest of us.

So the remainder of us went through relatively unscathed until I went back through for the money shot, I made it most of the way through with about 2-3m to go then it just died in the preverbial bum, so ET, Coopers and I have come to the realisation my snorkel wasn't sealed properly and sucked in a heap of water, I mean a heap of water, my sphincter factor was through the roof, my air filter was soaked. Anyways we got it going again without to much panick, thanks for the reasurance fellas. We trundelled off again picked up the rest of the guys and headed off for another play, next was Fishs turn to get stuck, in more water of course, this time Rick with the  assistance of Beachy and Coop's, performed the recovery.

After getting geographically embarrassed a few times we headed to Icy Creek I believe to air up and say our goodbyes to each other. So all in all a excellent day was had by all. Thanks to Everyone who turned up. Especially ET for my light, Beachy and Bri for my maps.
« Last Edit: 17 November, 2009, 12:21:29 PM by the evil twin »

Offline the evil twin

• If I get it out can I keep it?
  • WPC Member #: 007
Re: Beachy's midweek meander-Hoffmans
« Reply #1 on: 17 November, 2009, 07:53:17 AM »
Pics Courtesy of Fish...

Checked out the Hoffmans Mill camp area looks really nice.

If it's Tourist Season why is it illegal to shoot 'em?.

"3 Tits... Awesome"

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I'm not having a second childhood, I'm stuck in my first one.

Offline the evil twin

« Reply #2 on: 17 November, 2009, 07:55:32 AM »

MIGHTY GQ starting to look like an "E.T's Truck"

Tuff Tonka with his 'Oh so bright Headlights' after we had a fiddle over lunch

One of the bridges you often have to cross on a Beachy Meander

Beachy the spotter or spot the Beachy or better yet Spot the Track...

... or even mostest betterer, Spot the Patrol

Ricks way to cross the swamp... avoid the Wombat holes hidden in the Reeds

Tuff Tonka's way to cross the swamp... "Wombat holes indeed, Wombats don't live in..."  :o :o :o :o :o

"3 Tits... Awesome"

Offline Budds

• President
  • WPC Member #: 100
« Reply #3 on: 18 November, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
I would just like to say a big thank you to all of you guys for running this trip. I had an absolute ball and learnt alot. (like make sure you select the right range on the stubby lever). Anyway, Beachy (our intrepid leader), Brisey (the Navigator and part time tail-end charlie), Coops (the part time leader), Fish (the other part time tail-end charlie), Tonka (My mentor for the day), ET (Mr Fix-it and Ricks mentor), Mick (our voice of wisdom) and Rick (the fellow Newbie) Thanks you made it a great day. You guys inspired confidence and I am now on an exciting learning curve to put the GU to good use.

For those that couldnt make it, you missed out on a great day with lots of different challenges. I apologise for not doing the wombat infested waterhole, but now that "She-who-must-be-obeyed" has said "I think we should get a lift kit" who knows I might get there.

Once again a great day and I would do it all over again.

Great people, great club GO WPC!!!!!
Budds
Lest We Forget

R U OK

Tuff Tonka

« Reply #4 on: 18 November, 2009, 06:50:21 PM »
Love the comments Budds, has to be one of the best I have seen. Glad you enjoyed yourself and looking forward to next time. And you can tell she who shall always be obeyed, there are always deals goin somewhere.
CYA next time mate.

Offline RobsGU

• WPC Member #: 050
« Reply #5 on: 18 November, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »
Well what can i say had a ball.Good to see a few newbies on the trip hope ya had a good time.Thanks Beachy for running the trip and to all that joined in
cheers Rob.

PS the patrol needs a new paint job now hahaha.
7" member 10

Offline the evil twin

« Reply #6 on: 18 November, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »
Shut up you lot... we try and keep Beachy's Mid-week meanders a secret... Your supposed to say "It was allright I spose, dunno if I'll go on another one with those tossers tho..."

ROFL... now you know why the ole ET is always the third name on the list behind Beachy and Brisey... they are bl00dy terrific trips eh... and no pressure on Wombat Swamp BUDDS, that is the whole idea to only do what you are happy with...

"3 Tits... Awesome"

brisey

« Reply #7 on: 19 November, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »
Well that was a great trip as usual, great to see some new faces & always great to catch up with everyone again. Can't wait for the next one.

Cheers

Bri

Rick

« Reply #8 on: 19 November, 2009, 08:36:08 PM »
Yer ET I spose it was allright pleeeeazzze let me know when the next one is Even if I have to take holidays for it..... OK that is probably a Little over the top , but truly guys thanks for a good day out had a great time..

and the GU didn't suffer to much just another ding in the original side step and some new pin striping...

Offline the evil twin

« Reply #9 on: 19 November, 2009, 08:48:56 PM »
Yer ET I spose it was allright pleeeeazzze let me know when the next one is Even if I have to take holidays for it.....

:D :D :D :D :D

Nice try Rick but I think you stumbled at the final hurdle if you think you convinced 'em not to come along on the next one :P

I just can't believe we didn't have to pull the Beachbumsmobile outa the kaka at some point... and he even knew the exact point where he got lost and found his way back to it... we didn't even have to start making the marinade in case we had to cook one of teh young fella's

Pretty tame effort Beachy  :-*

"3 Tits... Awesome"