Western Patrol Club Inc.

Gnangara Pine Plantation - 17/08/08

XLR8

Gnangara Pine Plantation - 17/08/08
« on: 17 August, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »
Attendance: XLR8, MrsX, Fusion 4x4, Gypsy4WD, GEC, GQSWB, Geordie 4x4, Alans, Frankos Patrol, Frankos Bravo, & Poida.

After rolling out on time, we had a short drive to the first hill climb where we aired down for the task ahead. Being a very basic run designed for beginers, most of the first section was a fairly easy, although bumpy ride, winding our way through the plantation and hooking up with the powerlines. After crossing Neaves Rd, we breezed through the sandy sections and the 2 or 3 mud holes along the track which managed to catch MrsX by suprise and took the Triton 3 goes to get through. We made our way to the Pinjar Power station with minimal effort, managing to create sunburn on both GEC's ears and give others sea sickness on one of the more rutted tracks. Once at the power station, we headed right for High Hill for a play and a spot of lunch. After having a quick bite and waiting for another club to have their fun, some of us decided to have a few more goes at the hills which, although a bit chopped up, where reasonably firm. It was about here that the challenge was thrown down... V6 Vs V8. Lining up at the bottom of the 2 left hand tracks, the big Chev of GEC took on the Bitsa$hitty. Fully expecting to have the doors blown off by the Chev, I was quite suprised to be neck & neck at the merge point so had to concede defiet, not wanting to exchange paint. With the adrenaline quelled for a little while and the kids getting too big a collection of Kangaroo bones for my liking we headed off again toward the grand finally. After a quick U turn due to poor navigation, we were heading in the right direction although the forces above must have thought otherwise sending us a guide dog until it was absolutely clear I new where I was going.
After what seemed an eternity on very dry & dusty tracks with very few hills for excitement, we rounded the last corner and headed toward my favorite spot in the Pines... The Bog Hole. Without so much as a pause I headed in and started getting dirty followed closely by Poida and Frankos Patrol, who had been hanging out all day for a play in the mud, while others found themselves a shady spot to watch us make fools of ourselves and create hours of cleaning work. At about 3pm we started to air up and with some quick directions to the road, people started to head toward home while others hung back for a bit of a chat and a drinkl before heading off in our own directions.

Thank you to all who attended. Unfortunately, due to the recent weather, the tracks where very dusty, lacking mud/water and too firm to be a challenge, but hopefully an enjoyable drive all the same.

Hopefully a few of the people who attended can post some pics/vid as I left both cameras at home
Mike
« Last Edit: 17 August, 2008, 08:39:53 PM by XLR8 »

TurboGQ

Re: Gnangara Pine Plantation - 17/08/08
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »
sounds like a good day had by all, would like to do a trip up there once sids is over
« Last Edit: 17 August, 2008, 08:40:13 PM by XLR8 »

gec

« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2008, 09:22:58 PM »
thanks mike for a great day always good to get out amongst it shame i cant post the hillclimb off the video camera but ill whack it on a tape and show it around up here

Fusion4x4

« Reply #3 on: 19 August, 2008, 08:26:25 AM »
Mike and all crew, thanks for a great day out I had a ball, it was great to meet some nice people

see you all soon

steve

TARMAKH8R

« Reply #4 on: 19 August, 2008, 12:37:31 PM »
hey mike sorry i couldnt make it on sunday i was was too sick for it

Offline Bloggsy

• Quiet GU owner. You've been warned!!
  • WPC Member #: 032
« Reply #5 on: 19 August, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »
Any pics? Anyone?

Poida

« Reply #6 on: 19 August, 2008, 01:22:16 PM »
Cheers for the day out mike was good fun. Especially in the mud at the end. My friend got a couple of pics I'll post them up when I get them.

gipsy4wd

« Reply #7 on: 25 August, 2008, 09:22:47 PM »
heres a couple

i went through and i was one of the cleanest(damm those slider,steps prohibit mud slinging)
« Last Edit: 28 August, 2008, 06:37:51 AM by gipsy4wd »

Offline Bloggsy

• Quiet GU owner. You've been warned!!
  • WPC Member #: 032
« Reply #8 on: 26 August, 2008, 07:29:06 AM »
Thanks Gypsy ;D

geordie4x4

« Reply #9 on: 27 August, 2008, 04:56:19 PM »
Thanks for the great day out.
I will try to post a few photos soon.